Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware to drive X-Y galvanometer

Posted by rskelton 
Re: Firmware to drive X-Y galvanometer
January 21, 2019 01:50PM
VDX
... I'm actually finishing the development of a XY-laserscanner -- based on an old dentalscanner, which I've completely disarmed, and then 'refurbished' with the parts and drivers for the XY-galvoscanner, drivers and power sources.

Attached are some images of the device without enclosure (and an image of an original dentalscanner) and some testing results with a 445nm-diode.

This diode is not meant to be used with the galvos (in this distances the spot is a line, not a dot!), only for visualising while developing.

In the next days I'll arm it with a fiber-laser, so it should be usefull to mark/engrave much more than paper winking smiley

And here a video of the part in 'action' - [vimeo.com]

Hello did you read g code how did you do it? Could you help me ? I really need to help. Thanks a lot
VDX
January 21, 2019 05:54PM
... with this "XY-Servo-scanner" it was pretty simple - the used controller and softare (Editask10 from Trimeta) was not meant for galvos, but for a cartesian style XYZ-CNC-mill -- the software can import different NC-formats and G-Code too ...

For another option you can look at BeamConstruct - read the "supported hardware"-side - [halaser.de]

There, at "generic / GCode-output": - "Outputs laser marking data as GCode (CNC) control commands"

This will not control galvos, but a "conventional" CNC-controller, capable to work with G-codes ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 26, 2022 08:20PM
Is this topic dead?
This topic had some really good conversations going, even if from 2013.
I have a 20kpps "laser show" Chinese laser galvo system. It has the ILDA interface. It also has the DMX interface.

Just from a complete idiot experimenting with this, and I have an Elegoo Mars 3 pro resin printer, I would think that the distance from the galvo mirrors to the bottom of the build plate would determine the build plate size.
So, the base of the laser galvo-based UV resin prnter, specifically, the distance from the output mirror to the bottom of the build-plate surface, would determine the build plate size. I can move my laser show RGB-White laser farther from the wall and the size of the displayed image grows.

Also, an FEP build/exsposure surface should still work as FEP passes the same 405nm light wavelength. So, instead of having 405nm LEDS exposing the resin through a monochrome LCD display "mask", we have a galvo-based 405nm laser beam pointing up into the same resin bath/build plate system with the same FEP film. The LCD mask is replaced by the LED galvo system to draw each layer. Because the 405 nm laser light is a higher power, it should need a smaller "Exposure time" so instead of low-power violet LEDS with a spread light source through an LCD mask, we have a high-power 405nm laser draw the layer via galvo mirrors... no lcd mask. So higher power light source and quicker layer build times? My question is how do we transfer GRBL commands to an ebay galvo laser system that is DAC controlled for the galvos and ttl controlled for the laser diode. All of this might have been explored on this thread, but the discussion is over my head. I am an electronics hardware person, not a coder type person.

Is there another thread where this idea has been advanced? A true DIY galvo-based laser-resin 3D printer? Lightburn software now supports Laser Galvo systems that accept GRBL commands. I'd like to use what I have to make one of these if someone reading this can point me to a thread with noob-easy instructions to try it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login