Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu 1.3a help

Posted by badmanjoe 
Sanguinololu 1.3a help
April 22, 2013 05:53AM
Hi guys,

I soldered two sanguinololo boards both using the 1284 chip.
both chips came in with the same bootloader.

my problem is when i connect one board to the pc using the usb-cable nothing happens.. the device is not recognized at all and nothing appears on the device manager - but the power led on the board lights up (so its receiving power from usb).
the second sanguinololo board doesnt face the same problems! i connect it to the computer - the windows finds it and even installs the ftdi drivers and i can see the device under the COM port in the device manager.

any ideas as to what could possibly be wrong with the first board?

cheers
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a help
April 22, 2013 07:43AM
Must be a problem with the FTDI chip. It only needs power to talk to the PC and cause the driver to be loaded.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 22, 2013 09:14AM
so u suggest that i solder a new chip? will get a new one from ebay
April 22, 2013 10:18AM
Check the existing trcaks solder joints before getting a new chip. They are rarely faulty to start with so something must be wrong with the PCB or the soldering.

VDX
April 22, 2013 10:36AM
... check for shorts, orientation of the chips and polarity of diodes or such ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 22, 2013 04:55PM
everything seems perfect O.o im not a master in this but ye im checking it out and everything is in place!
April 22, 2013 05:31PM
guys in the sanguinololu wiki page they say "Yet another alternative to soldering a IC, could be a USB to TTL-converter"
does that mean that i can use a usb-ttl coverter instead of the ftdi chip on board? how?
April 22, 2013 06:03PM
Yes the USB to TTL converter is just the same chip on a small PCB. You would need to remove the on board chip and connect the board in its place.

April 23, 2013 09:24AM
awesome i will try that.

i have a usb-to-ttl converter with the PL2303 chip O.o not the ftdi 232RL.
it has GND,5v,3.3v,TX,RX

please correct me if im not mistaken:
gnd --> gnd
5v -> 5v
TX -> RX
RX -> TX
DTR-> nothing

need to get some stuff to de-solder this.. will let u know what happens
April 23, 2013 10:23AM
Don't connect the 5V. It is connected on the Sanguinololu but that causes problems and can damage your PC's USB port.

DTR should connect to the reset pin via the capacitor and auto reset jumper to make loading the firmware easy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login