Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder motor not working

Posted by dmartin 
extruder motor not working
June 10, 2013 05:49PM
Hello, I am new here, I hope I put this in the right spot.
I have A mendelmax with ramps1.4 electronics and arduino 2560 ,and Marlin firmware..
I cannot get the extruder motor to run,I it runs fine when i plugged it into another set of axis pins,so it is not the motor itself.
The other axis motors run fine,however the y axis seems to "overstep",being that when I jog it 10 mm it advaces a little more than. 20 mm.
Which i wil have to change in the fimware when I get to that point,and get that figured out.
The question I have do you think the board is bad or maybe it needs to be turned on in the firmware?

While I am asking questions how do I get the firmware into the arduino editor,what file do I need to look for?

Thanks,
David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 05:51PM by dmartin.
Re: extruder motor not working
June 12, 2013 07:55PM
thanks for yall's help
June 13, 2013 05:28AM
I don't use Marlin so can't offer much advice on it but can you confirm the following so someone can answer...

Have you tried the X axis motor in the extruder socket?

When you jog the Y axis 10mm, does it only move 0.2mm or 10.02mm?

To load the firmware, Arduino needs the .pde file that resides in the Marlin folder.
June 13, 2013 09:49AM
Marlin firmware is a collection of files, Don't just copy the pde file - copy the entire directory into the IDE sketchbook directory. I can't remember the organization of the subdirectories, but if you create a dummy project you can mimic the directory tree it creates.

Also, I'm not sure of the current state of this, but the Marlin I am using does not work with the 1.x Arduino IDE; I needed to load 0.23. If somehow you are using a version that will work in 1.0, then the pde file isn't the one you are looking for. Starting in 1.0, the Arduino IDE looks for a file extension of .ino for its main routine
June 17, 2013 04:54PM
have you set you e steps correctly well all your steps across your axis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login