Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

H21LOB equivalent? Opto endstop with german parts...

Posted by loonquawl 
Hi.

I'm currently building a RepRap. The only part i could not find from German suppliers was the H21LOB - i however found this : [www.pollin.de]

- could somebody elctronics-savvy tell me whether that is functionally the same? It seems to be, but the data sheets are too different in make up for me to decide for sure.

Thanks!
Re: H21LOB equivalent? Opto endstop with german parts...
March 28, 2009 10:10AM
It looks like it is electrically compatible, but the output is inverted. I believe that can be accommodated by changing some definitions in the firmware.

Obviously it is not mechanically compatible, so you would need to find some way of mounting it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
so this would mean activating the defintions for the H21LOI?

//this is for the H21LOI
//#define INVERTED 0

Cool. Thanks.
March 28, 2009 11:17AM
March 28, 2009 04:00PM
I use TCST 2103 to mount on opto endstop boards (you can get those from Reichelt). You have to cut the marked trace and A to B on the pcbs.
Thank you all for your replies. I went with the Pollin product. The Reichelt thing i found too, but i thought it would not work, as it is only a transmitter and receiver, not any of the fancy Schmitt Triggering in the H21LOB. I now re-read the Building instructions and found that it is also possible to use analog ones... 'Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil' :-)
March 29, 2009 06:24AM
The analog ones are probably a bit less repeatable. It doesn't matter much for X and Y, but Z is more important.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 29, 2009 09:04PM
The RRRF now supplies the H21LOB devices as losse devices.

[store.rrrf.org]

I just bought 6 for my first set of Bds I intend using 3 on a machine for Home sensors with Microswitches as a just incase end stop on maximum axis travel.
This will give me the ability to build a new machine with out stripping bits from a previous version.

At long last I now have some ABS... complete with dedicated workstation Jib and hanging basket..

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login