Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How To use the Gen3 Motherboard for other purposes

Posted by jeffpark_ 
How To use the Gen3 Motherboard for other purposes
April 24, 2009 11:15AM
I was having a little trouble with this so I though I'd share what I found out, maybe someone will find it useful.

If you want to use the Sanguino on the motherboard for anything other than the RepRap firmware, you can do one of the following.

1) Pin 14 of the Sanguino is connected to the power switch, and normally the firmware sets the pin to ground. If you have your own test code or no code loaded, you can jump pin 14 to ground (the green wire) and use the switch as a hard power switch.

2) The other option is to modify your code to always have pin 14 grounded.

This is useful for testing the power outputs to other boards such as the extruder controller without having to load the firmware, or if you just want to turn on the PS to power other devices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 12:13PM by Jeff.

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
VDX
Re: How To use the Gen3 Motherboard for other purposes
November 29, 2020 06:23AM
... 11 years old Thread!!! - but maybe someone will find this helpfull anyway smoking smiley

While clearing some of my old stuff, I've found one of the old Gen3-boards, I've used as exchange-controller for my (even older) Isel-CNC-mill, to test it with 3D-printing and laser-engraving.

Essentially it's a controller-"blade", temporary replacing the original Isel-IFC5-controller card ... the stepper-signals and REF-pins are routed to the correct pins, the firmware on the Gen3 (Sanguino) is changed for the slower speeds/acceleration with the mill, and the software (don't remember exactly, if first version of Pronterface with laserengraver-option) is used for the alternative ... or simply switch back to the Isel-board, for milling with the Isel-software:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login