Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIR pin

Posted by AnandMG 
DIR pin
August 19, 2013 05:36PM
Got a simple doubt on DIR pin. X_DIR_PIN will be high for one direction and be low for opposite direction right? My DIR pin is always high and hence my stepper is rotating in only one direction. Any reason for this?
Re: DIR pin
August 20, 2013 07:32AM
Are you sure you measure the same pin your firmware switches? For comparison, see e.g. [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 20, 2013 04:28PM
Im having the issue only in X Dir pin. Others go from 0 to 4 point something when I change the direction. X Dir pin is always high. Something is wrong, I just don't know what confused smiley
VDX
August 20, 2013 04:53PM
... check the correct pin assignment in your configuration.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 20, 2013 06:43PM
Did that. Re-uploaded a new firmware, installed new pronterface but still the same issue. It used to work properly only recently it is acting crazy. All other pins (X step, Ystep & dir, Zstep & dir, Estep) are working properly. Only X dir is constantly high. confused smiley

Is it possible the IC (ATmega1284P) has gone bad? That is the last thing I have to try. Issue is installing a bootloader in a blank IC. eye rolling smiley
August 21, 2013 04:18AM
I was reading the Sanguinololu Reprap page and found this:
[reprap.org]

Fuse Settings
The fuses for the atmel chip must be changed from the default factory settings to disable JTAG.

Symptoms of incorrect fuse settings:

X axis only moves in one direction.
Endstops do not work.

So my fuse settings may be bad. Got to spend few more $$ to buy some programmer and to get it rectified angry smiley
August 21, 2013 05:24AM
I just received a broken Melzi and fixed it up, after replacing all the stepper drivers and adding a new 5v regulator all was good except the X dir pin (which goes directly to the micro) it seems it got burned after my friend connected the power in reverse.

So, if you have had any wiring issues, the problem may be similar to the above.... If you are running pre-installed firmware, then the chances are that the fuse settings are already correct...... as you wouldn't normally have to change this if the board has been flashed with the sangulino bootloader as supplied with the Marlin firmware.

You can try re-flashing your boot loader with an isp programmer, I used a UsbAsp programmer off ebay for less than £10, the UsbtinyIsp will give errors (but does work) and using an arduino as isp didnt work at all.

=======================================================
A wise man once told me "Never trust a man who doesn't own a shed!"
Gen 6 daughter board
[forums.reprap.org]
Mendel PCB heatbed
[forums.reprap.org]
August 21, 2013 05:32AM

Is it possible the IC (ATmega1284P) has gone bad?

Might be the stepper driver. Power down, pull the Pololu out, power up and measure again to find out.

So my fuse settings may be bad.

Fuses don't change spontanuously. If it worked before, fuses are still set right.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login