Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ARNIE - The surface mount soldering plate

Posted by BodgeIt 
ARNIE - The surface mount soldering plate
June 28, 2009 08:51AM
I have built a Arnie a temprature controlled surface mount soldering plate here is the link.

[bodgeitquicktools.blogspot.com]

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Re: ARNIE - The surface mount soldering plate
June 30, 2009 03:27AM
I started assembling my second PCB last weekend, still short on most of the parts, but I used an old electric frypan to toast on the SMD Polyswitch fuses and the ARM microcontroller, worked well. I was doing it by eye though... I wouldn't want to leave it unattended ! I used part of a syringe of solder paste I'd kept in the fridge since about 2003, worked fine !

My CNC/extruder creation: [grael-minifactory.blogspot.com]
VDX
June 30, 2009 04:06AM
... when i was first time populatin and reworking an SMD-kit (wrong orientation of a SMD-IC's with 18 pins), i used normal solder with 0.5mm diameter, a thin tip and worked with a microscope.

Sometimes i have to change/repair some SMD-PCB's in my daywork too - all with the thinnest available solder (0.5 or 0.25mm dia), sharp tip and microscope, what's no problem ...

Viktor
July 04, 2009 05:55PM
I have hand solderd 7 of the Gen3 Steppers controllers using the method described In my first post. They all were WFT (Worked First Time)

[repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Arnie was built to make the more complex boards like the extruder controllers.
Mainly for use on boards using the smaller TSSOP type packages that even with my smallest Weller bit and head set they look almost imposible to manualy solder without bridging pins as the soldering bit covers nearly three pins.

Unfortunatly Arnie is sitting waiting for the 4 extruder controllers Bds orderd from the RRRF in May. Unfortunatly these PCBs are still showing on the RRRF site as not having been shipped yet..

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login