Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TQWire

Posted by dissidence 
TQWire
September 17, 2013 01:30PM
i was in a rc car shop a few days ago and i found this very handy wire, http://www.tqracing.com/rc_products.htm

i was wondering if anyone else has used it, i am using it for my bed heater now, it is super flexible and, has silicone insulation on it.

some wickedly fine wires though, soaks up solder better than solder wick i think.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: TQWire
September 18, 2013 12:03AM
I'm using various diameters of Turnigy wire that are available from Hobbyking, and slowly replacing all the stuff that I feel needs replacing. eg: the wire between the PSU and electronics, so as to reduce it's overall resistance, which should mean less voltage drop at higher currents. Very flexible is of course great for connecting up things that move a lot. The stuff you're pointing to is pretty much the same thing as the Turnigy stuff, though I don't think Hobbyking sell the range of colours that place does.

I'm also using the XT series connectors for power connectors (makes connection/disconnection a breeze), and they're fairly cheap to boot. Added bonus is that I could probably buy a few LiPo packs and print completely off batteries (as you can get them with these connectors on them), though how long they'd run for before needing a recharge is another matter.

Note: Unfortunately, while most hobby places sell PSU's of various voltages for battery charging purposes, some with very high currents, the output from them isn't very clean and tends to have a lot of ripple, especially under load. Which is a pity as they otherwise tick all the boxes (over-current protection, voltage protection, temp protection, nice enclosed case so you don't need to do any AC side wiring, etc).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login