Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem connecting with RAMBo

Posted by sng-d9xs 
Problem connecting with RAMBo
January 15, 2014 05:45PM
...Please be gentle, I'm noob at this... >.<

Lols, anyways...

I have been given a RAMBo 1.2c motherboard, but have been having difficulty connecting it to my PC (windows). I am uncertain whether I am doing something wrong or the board is not working as intended. I think I have tried what the internet has told me to do, but I hadn't had any luck.

I have largely followed the "MendelMax 2.0 Electronics Guide" (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_MyhZGxlDHwk-ViArRlaPgt9GyoxVRLRHwys3SZJgiI/edit#). All other documentation regarding this board all follow roughly the same steps, but I couldn't make mine work.

I have installed the required driver for the board, but cannot connect to the board with pronterface or Arduino IDE:
- Pronterface just stays on "connecting" forever
- Arduino times out if I try to flash a firmware onto it

However, whenever I try to interface with the board, LED10 will blink, but nothing ever happens.

Things I have tried:
- put in 12V to the "motor and logic" power input - no differences
- Checked all the fuses
- tried different USB ports on the PC, tried different PC's
- "disabling" & "enabling" in windows device manager
- Tried different baudrates
- Tried different drivers

Things I wanted to ask:
1) Is the board functionality powered by USB (so, should I be able to interface with the board with just a USB connection to the PC without any power or connections?)
2) When I plug in the USB, is the power and status LED's (LED1 & 7) supposed to NOT turn on? (in this video they turn on: [www.youtube.com] )(mine don't)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Re: Problem connecting with RAMBo
January 16, 2014 07:09AM
I have only used one, but mine was not USB powered (your might come with a jumper or switch though). Till I provided power to the logic of the board (not to the motors) it refused to work.
Re: Problem connecting with RAMBo
January 16, 2014 05:11PM
Got it fixed grinning smiley

Heard back from Ultimaker... it appears that I had been supplying power to the wrong power input. In v1.2, they apparently changed the board without changing their schematics =.=

I've attached an updated copy of the 1.2e schematic, if it helps anyone...
Attachments:
open | download - RAMBo1-2e.pdf (124.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login