Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops not working on Sanguish

Posted by Gyvven 
Endstops not working on Sanguish
February 01, 2014 10:02PM
I have a Sanguish board, two actually, and on one the opto-endstops work fine. They didn't start off that way but for whatever reason they started working. Anyway, this other board none of the endstops work, it has 2 optos and one mechanical and none of them are working. I had z working for a bit then it stopped. I've double checked all the soldering and connections. Both boards were burned with the same firmware but I've been fiddling with this one so much that I may have deviated a bit.

What settings should I have in my firmware to make these work?
Re: Endstops not working on Sanguish
February 11, 2014 10:48AM
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I've been out of it with a big project at work lately.

A couple questions.

Do the optos pull the signal line high or low when interrupted? Same question for the mechanical switch. The mechanical switch may need to have the internal pull-up set if it's not on a daughter board with pull up. Do the optos have an indicator light? Does it light up when interrupted? What do you get when you send M119 to the firmware? It should send back the status of the end-stops.

Some things to try if you haven't already.

Check the cables. Make sure you get continuity pin to pin.

Check the soldering. Inspect the solder connections on the atmega and the endstop headers for cold solder joints.

Stick something in the opto and make sure the +5 is getting all the way to the corresponding ATmega pin.

Send M119. Then stick something in the opto and send M119 to see if the status is updating.

Double check your pins.h against the pinout on the wiki. There was a short time when the published config.h/pins.h had a pin conflict. One of the SD card pins was a duplicate of one of the end-stops.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login