Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xbox 360 power supply

Posted by 13ikerboy 
Xbox 360 power supply
April 16, 2014 10:52AM
Hi I'm working on a stereo system for my garage. I'm using a car stereo and a car amp. I have the amp plugged into a xbox 360 power cord. The three yellow wires are plunged into the positive and the three black wires are plugged into the negative. And then the blue and red wire are hooked together. But after so much volume, the green light turns yellow on the xbox brick and cuts out all power. My question is, is there a way to bypass the red and blue wire to make more power? Or is there a better power source? I'm using the xbox 360 power cable because it of course converts AC power into 12v DC. Thank you in advance! smiling smiley
Re: Xbox 360 power supply
April 16, 2014 11:13AM
Perhaps the xbox psu is not able to provide all the power and it just shuts down in a protection mode. You could try use an computer atx psu instead, that could offer more power on 12v line, at least should have a label that would clearly state how many amps it can offer at 12v, then you can just compare the labels. I dont actually have an xbox, so no ideea how that psu is like.
April 16, 2014 12:11PM
Thank you I'll see if I can find any computer psu's that can handle 460 amps.
April 16, 2014 04:54PM
13ikerboy
Thank you I'll see if I can find any computer psu's that can handle 460 amps.
That's a SERIOUS computer power supply that can handle 460 amps.
April 16, 2014 07:05PM
Considering that my diesel pickup came from the factory with two batteries and a 136 amp alternator, you should be looking to park next to a power company substation if you plan to drive 460 amps of stereo equipment mounted in a car..... eye rolling smiley
April 17, 2014 11:20PM
I hope he means 460 Watts. Big difference there.
May 22, 2014 03:52PM
you need to provide correct watts or if the stereo and speaker pulls more watts the the psu the psu will sgut down

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login