MK2B heatbed question
August 12, 2014 11:59PM
Hi
I have a mk2b dual power heatbed. I was just making sure that to hook it up to 12v, that I need to hook pins 2 and 3 with separate wires to the ground, or is there a way to hook them up with just one wire to ground? Can I put a small wire between 2 and 3 and then a wire from 3 to ground?
Thanks
Tanner
Re: MK2B heatbed question
August 13, 2014 11:30AM
Bridging it is fine. Essentially the heat bed is 1 long continuous trace. Pad 1 is in the middle of the trace and pads 2 and 3 are each end. If you only hook pads 2 or 3 but not both, then only half the trace is energized. There is no need to use separate wire as long as the ground wire is equal in size to the supply wire.
August 13, 2014 09:54PM
Ok. One last question I have is if I hook up the heatbed's LED can I hook up just one LED instead of 2 LEDs?
Would I need to use a different size of resistor than the 1000 ohm resistor it calls for?
Thanks
Tanner
August 14, 2014 03:26PM
tanner331
Ok. One last question I have is if I hook up the heatbed's LED can I hook up just one LED instead of 2 LEDs?
Would I need to use a different size of resistor than the 1000 ohm resistor it calls for?
Thanks
Tanner
One is fine as long as you get the led's polarity correct. There are spot for two so that you can wire two leds in opposite polarity then it doesn't matter which way you connect the power wires. The resistor value won't change. It would only change if you're going to power both two leds simultaniously instead of one or the other. The 1000 ohm resistor is just a safe value that should drop the voltage to a safe level to not fry your LED. It may result in a dimmer led then if you used a resistor of the proper voltage, but that is going to be dependent on the specific LED...so it's just easier to say 1000 ohms for everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login