Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder thermistor

Posted by nophead 
Extruder thermistor
July 30, 2007 01:52PM
I can't find the thermistor on the new BOM, I am sure it was on the old one. Does anybody have the part number?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
Re: Extruder thermistor
July 30, 2007 02:40PM
I think this is the one:

Thermistor (glass bead type) - G550 NTC thermistor - Manu. part no. B57550G103J
July 30, 2007 03:31PM
Thanks Evan,
Now I remember why I didn't get one. It is only available from RS and I haven't found a way of buying from them as an individual. I can't find any with a high enough temperature range from any of the companies I do deal with from home. Perhaps this is one for the RRRF, Zach?

My plan was to measure the resistance of the heating element to measure its temperature. It turns out that Nichrome has one of the lowest temperature coefficients for a metal, so that was a really bad idea. I might try using a thermocouple instead as I have one and I can buy them on the high street.

July 31, 2007 12:49PM
check out the parts lister:

[bom.reprap.org]

generate a parts list for the 'thermoplastic extruder controller board' there is a part called the '10K ohm thermistor' that has an RS part number. check to see if that works.
July 31, 2007 01:34PM
Ah, yes it is on the board BOM, but it doesn't go on the board. It is shown attached to the acorn nozzle in the parts picture in the wiki along with all the mechanical parts so I think it should really be on that BOM. It doesn't make much difference to most people but I am just building the extruder for now with my own electronics.

It's out of stock at RS at the moment. I wonder if there is a sudden demand from the RepRap community spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Anonymous User
August 01, 2007 04:06AM
I have a Thermistor with slightly different properties. I calculated the beta and Rz for it and it needs a 2 microfarad capacitor. I would be glad to send you one if you need it. Contact me using private messages. I sent one to Jonathon and if I send one to you we can all independently verify the beta and Rz.
August 01, 2007 04:03PM
i'll switch it back over to the extruder once i do a bit more work on the part lister.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login