Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stepper driver 1.2 instead of Pololu

Posted by Ash-ta 
stepper driver 1.2 instead of Pololu
December 09, 2014 07:25AM
hello everybody

i want to make a 3d printer based on ramps or teensylu (both can use pololu as stepper drivers)

can i use stepper driver 1.2 (stepper driver 1.2) instead of polulu ?

iknow what the deferent between the two drivers an i know its pinouts but the problem is that i cant find find any allegro driver ship where i live

so i am thinking of redesign the main board (ramps or teensylu) to add the ability to connect only [step , dir , enable ] pins to the 1.2 driver instead of pololu [8x3 socket and ms jumpers] like the schematics attached

what do you think ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 07:26AM by Ash-ta.
Attachments:
open | download - teensylu.png (208.5 KB)
Re: stepper driver 1.2 instead of Pololu
December 09, 2014 07:44PM
you could. but why would you want to..
it only suports full and 1/2 stepping. Most wasnt at least 1/8 microstepping for smoothness and noise reduction

Just buy some pololu modules. thare are avalable everywhere.
December 10, 2014 04:45AM
thank you for your reply and for your advice

but i want to use stepper driver 1.2 because i can't find pololu drivers in my country (i live in syria) , even i cant find any allegro chip (a4988 or similar) to make one or to make a stepstick driver

any other advice about a better driver without allegro chips ??
December 10, 2014 05:44AM
Man, your on the internet. Order some.... also see the ones based on the TI's DRV8825

[www.reprapdiscount.com]#
[www.reprapdiscount.com]#

or for cheaper stuff that hasn't been tested (ie buy more than you need)

[www.geeetech.com]
[www.geeetech.com]
December 10, 2014 08:27AM
Dust
Man, your on the internet. Order some....
You might not have heard the news lately, but there's been a conflict going on in Syria the last little while. Many countries national mailing systems have suspended mail to the country. (e.g. USPS, Austrailia Post, Canada Post). There also are various bans, embargos, restrictions, etc throughout the world due to the conflict on what can be sent. While some stepper drivers seem fairly innocent, I could see many people/distributors, regardless of where they are at, not bothering with the hassles for a few dollars profit.
December 10, 2014 09:12AM
cdru
You might not have heard the news lately, but there's been a conflict going on in Syria the last little while. Many countries national mailing systems have suspended mail to the country. (e.g. USPS, Austrailia Post, Canada Post). There also are various bans, embargos, restrictions, etc throughout the world due to the conflict on what can be sent. While some stepper drivers seem fairly innocent, I could see many people/distributors, regardless of where they are at, not bothering with the hassles for a few dollars profit.

thank you man for explaining the situation smileys with beer and you are write , whatever i think 1.2 driver will cost me more than the pololu driver and i am searching for other possibilities without allegro chips

hope anybody can help me too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login