Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ICSP Mods + Others?

Posted by ZachHoeken 
ICSP Mods + Others?
September 10, 2007 10:45PM
So the discussion in the other thread got a bit off topic, so I'm starting this new thread. I think we basically have 2 main things to tackle before we can call the 1.3.0 board 'ready'.

1. ICSP mods. I never got a definitive answer as to what *exactly* we should change that to be. anyone? kicad drawings preferred.
2. Power - switch to the .156" connectors.

any other schematic changes people would like to see get in? i'll wait about a week before laying out the board, so if anyone has a suggestion, please speak up.
Re: ICSP Mods + Others?
September 12, 2007 10:32PM
Maybe this isn't the right place for this, and I don't mean to be rude. I would suggest that once the UCB V1.3.0 "is" made, that it be built and tested before putting in the reprap store for sale.

Considering the number of people having exactly the same UCB V1.2.1 problems, myself included, I think this is a fair request.

I'll continue this UCB topic in the right forum once I have explored all avenues.
Anonymous User
September 13, 2007 09:28AM
Can you remind me what the UCB bugs are? I remember there were problems with the drills on some of the boards being a touch too small, and at one point there was a silk screen error with the TX/RX. Were there others?

Back to the original topic, the last I saw on the ICSP mod was an agreement on a:
> c) Series resistor plus a diode and another resistor from MCLR to the
> biled. A bit messy but LED will always light when programming regardless of
> what is connected to K2.
September 13, 2007 03:31PM
yes, we will test it before we put it up on the store.

the UCB bugs have all been fixed as far as i know. for v1.3, we're planning on adding in debug LED's, as well as an ICSP header for on-board programming (provided someone comes forth with a solution...)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login