Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China

Posted by vreihen 
Re: New MKS SBASE Smoothieware-compatible board from China
September 07, 2016 01:01AM
my coreXY printer with mks sbase fully up and running.very please with the performance .

September 07, 2016 06:47AM
Amoniak
Hi,

You who are using this controller board, what stepper motors (P/N) and what PSU voltage are you running?

I’m definitely considering this board for my build but I’m afraid about the high pitch noise some are describing when searching info on the DRV8825’s.

Thank you in advanced.

I am running 12v on mine and some read up its 24v have issues with high pitch noise (but don't quote me on that) and i got mine running but not printing or done any continues movement yet as my kossel is 90% complete

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
September 16, 2016 04:39PM
Hi All,

I'm just about to 'upgrade' (I hope) my printer from Ramps to Smoothieware 32 bit. Iv'e got the MKS board from Aliexpress along with the TFT 32 display.

One starting problem is that their web site says to upgrade the the firmware on the TFT with mkstft32.bin. Can I find this file on the MKS github, can I bugger. All the files there for the TFT are 28 not 32 and the latest version is 1.1.4. My display says it is version 1.1.5.

Do I just leave it at that or is there a secret location for this damm file?
September 16, 2016 08:32PM
Hello, I got exactly the same TFT 32 with an Sbase and I can tell you that files for the TFT 32 and TFT28 are interchangeble, they get the same resolution. I have used version 1.1.1 to the last one (1.1.5) from the TFT 28 with my TFT32. Everything works fine.
September 17, 2016 01:12PM
Ahh thats great, thanks. At least now the calibration works, on the 1.1.5 version the cross just kept going around the screen and would not finalise!
September 26, 2016 09:42AM
Has anyone had this problem or got a solution?

Just setting up my SBase 1.3 board, just working on the X axis ATM.

After boot up the axis will move to the + or the - with commands from the TFT panel just fine. If I then issue an X Home command it will home as it should. Next I move it a few steps in the + direction and try to home it again and it wont. All I get is a beep sound and a small nudge to the + direction. I have tried this using the web connection and issuing the G28 command but exactly the same happens. I have also tried plugging into the Y axis but again the same problem.

I have attached me config.txt file, just in case I am doing something stupid!
Attachments:
open | download - config.txt (24.3 KB)
September 26, 2016 10:37AM
Hello.

Not sure if I can help, but I set panel.enable to FALSE, because this is for Smoothie panel only.
Be sure to set the panel baud rate to 115200 in the Sbase config and in the TFT config.
Also I'm not sure about setting second_usb_serial_enable to true, do you realy need the second port?

Hope this will help
September 26, 2016 10:50AM
Thanks for you reply.

Tried altering the config.txt as you suggest and while the TFT still works, the original problem is still there angry smiley
September 26, 2016 11:09AM
OK, had a thought and tried M119. It showed Y an Z end stops had 1s to them. So I have 'nc' outed these end stops for now, just in case this was the problem.

No luck, the fault is still there angry smiley
September 26, 2016 04:38PM
wetsparks if your having endstop issues use smoothieware-edge firmware, the mks sbase is pants I had an issue with them not reading them being triggered, so flashed it with smoothieware=edge all good afterwards

up and running
September 27, 2016 06:49AM
Hi,

Tried the edge firmware but no luck. One thing I have checked on is the state of the limit signal. Two points first, I am using optical limits and I have changed the settings over to the Y axis, just to confirm it wasn't a problem with the X axis.

Using Simplify 3D to control the board (just in case there was a problem with the TFT) I have used the terminal in Audrino to send a M119 command, this gives me a Y = 1 response. If I then move the carriage into the end stop slot, thus triggering the end stop, the M119 command still gives me a Y = 1 response. I have checked the operation of the end stop with a meter and it is working correctly.

I have now ordered some micro switch end stops to see if this will resolve the problem. Will update in the next few days.

Philip.
September 27, 2016 07:35AM
Hello wetspark

have set the jumper for the end-stop to 5V, I don't think that 3.3V is enough for opto end-stop.
September 27, 2016 10:24AM
Yep, that's set at 5v. Hope this ain't a duff board angry smiley
September 28, 2016 12:58AM
take some pictures of how you got them wired in on your board

up and running
September 28, 2016 02:11AM
has anyone tested the 8825 on sbase for missing steps? does it support switching from slow to fast decay mode automatically?

edit:
I just got a reply from their tech support. the 8825 on sbase are running in Mixed Decay mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2016 10:38AM by megablue.
September 28, 2016 06:33PM
Thanks for reporting that Megablue. That's something i was wondering too.

That should be the most ideal mode for running the diodes as pointed out here;
[cabristor.blogspot.nl]

I'm currently test-running a delta with this board, so far it all goes smooth(ie).. The reprap graphic lcd works (if you simple flip the two plugs, too bad it's not in their documentation though) G31 works like a charm once setup (bed grid callibration), but these DRV8825's are LOUD on 24V with the low inductance Wantai motors i'm using.. Meh.. Not so nice. I was thinking about plugging in some DM422 or DM320C drivers of leadshine, since they seem to be best in class for silent operated low RPM stepper-motors. I just tried a 12V power supply on the DRV8825's and the noise is reduced by a lot. Too bad I bought a 24V hotend en silicone plate. Next thing to do i to order a 230V ac silicone bed i guess.
September 30, 2016 11:21AM
Anyone else having problem with the board freezing during long prints? Im slicing with Simplify3D v3.1. the board freezes and i have to reset it. Is it bad quality board?
October 01, 2016 05:22AM
Hi all,

How strange, this board really doesn't like the opto end stops I've got. Changed them all to mechanical ones and it's working perfect.

O well, at least I can now carry on with the set up spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 01, 2016 08:39AM
Hi,

Does anyone have schematic of the board? It was removed from GitHub. I want to power the logic with 5V form ATX PSU standby and leave USB socket untouched.
October 01, 2016 01:15PM
Hi,

Question, Just setting up my Z probe. Has anyone got a set up using a Servo to deploy the probe on this system ?????
October 04, 2016 06:51AM
Search this link for 'servo' and you should be fine. [smoothieware.org] The pinout of this clone-board is provided online (also in this thread)

Just add the M280 Sxx command prior to your bed/z probing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 09:41AM by to3dornottobe.
October 08, 2016 03:55AM
to3dornottobe
Search this link for 'servo' and you should be fine. [smoothieware.org] The pinout of this clone-board is provided online (also in this thread)

Just add the M280 Sxx command prior to your bed/z probing.
Could you explaine how to connect, configure and control servo? I tryed but cant do this. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2016 03:56AM by Alexus12.
October 08, 2016 07:30AM
Anyone tried this board the ZoAAOSwgZ1XvZsx" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">smini

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2016 07:31AM by MechaBits.
October 10, 2016 05:03AM
Hello,
I just received my MKS
I have the same problem as "wetsparks" the optoendstop does not work, it remains in the same state regardless of the beam is cut or not.
Yet I also put the jumper on 5v.

- Prusa I3 rework HomeMade
- Roxanne HomeMade
- Prusa I2 Kit (à légué sa place à roxanne)
- iTopie En cours (Conception par Skarab)

Sur tout ça un extrudeur WadeL3K : [www.thingiverse.com]
October 10, 2016 12:56PM
Hi pierrelesek ,

As I said in my post above, I opted to fit mechanical end stops back on me printer and they work just fine. Never did bother to get to the bottom of the problem then with the opto stops.
October 10, 2016 01:04PM
Right then, all is going well with the setup of me printer. Prints are good if not yet perfect, still coming to grips with tuning the Bowden feed system, never used this before !

One annoying problem |I'm having though. I have set up the MKS board with the TFT32 but am getting some strange goings on here. If I try to print from a Udrive or the SD card, the print runs for about 30 seconds and then stops for 8 seconds, then restarts and so over and over this timing loop runs. I have even tried changing the comms speed between them to 250000 baud but still this happens. Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution ???
October 10, 2016 11:37PM
Hello, this is the PIN port map of MKS Sbase.
Attachments:
open | download - PIN.jpg (593.1 KB)
October 11, 2016 01:09AM
flyway97
Hello, this is the PIN port map of MKS Sbase.

that pin layout needs updating as it's incorrect there's no mention of j7 pins top left corner

up and running
October 11, 2016 03:17AM
Do you want automatiac leveling? The The Servo motor is not used for leveling.
October 11, 2016 03:30AM
Please send me your gcodespinning smiley sticking its tongue outOr you have a look whether there is a M115 instruction in the gcode or not..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login