Advanced

General AZSMZ mini board topic

Posted by AFK-er 
Re: General AZSMZ mini board topic
June 10, 2015 08:39PM
thejollygrimreaper
Yellobello
thejollygrimreaper:

If cxandy would re-think his position and release all sources maybe you would allow him to be on the wiki again?

Dejay:

That´s what I also thought. I already learned a bit to use kicad and I have redrawn the schematics. I´d love to use this board as a base for a cool improvement project.
First, I´d change the position of the USB port in the layout since it is positioned in a bad place.. someone pointed this out already.. it leads through the whole stepper lines where there is a lot of noise going on.
And still dreaming a bit, I would change the pololu sockets to the new AMIS-30543 drivers, enabling SPI signals to the spare microcontroller I/O pins.
This would allow current control by software, and even cooler, stepper stall detection which would allow to correct lost steps.
...dreaming....

if the project is opensource and he is willing release usable sources that a copy of the board can be made from then there is no problem with him starting his page up again,

Hi, I'm talking with cxandy and he's OK to upload the files you're asking and just to be sure... what exact files are needed?
June 10, 2015 11:15PM
HADES
thejollygrimreaper
Yellobello
thejollygrimreaper:

If cxandy would re-think his position and release all sources maybe you would allow him to be on the wiki again?

Dejay:

That´s what I also thought. I already learned a bit to use kicad and I have redrawn the schematics. I´d love to use this board as a base for a cool improvement project.
First, I´d change the position of the USB port in the layout since it is positioned in a bad place.. someone pointed this out already.. it leads through the whole stepper lines where there is a lot of noise going on.
And still dreaming a bit, I would change the pololu sockets to the new AMIS-30543 drivers, enabling SPI signals to the spare microcontroller I/O pins.
This would allow current control by software, and even cooler, stepper stall detection which would allow to correct lost steps.
...dreaming....

if the project is opensource and he is willing release usable sources that a copy of the board can be made from then there is no problem with him starting his page up again,

Hi, I'm talking with cxandy and he's OK to upload the files you're asking and just to be sure... what exact files are needed?

whatever is need to be able to reasonably reproduce the board and/or contribute to the project , ideally whatever native design files were used initially, however others have chosen to only release gerbers and such

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 17, 2015 11:51AM
[www.thingiverse.com]

New 32 bit ARM based Motion controller for 3D printers, CNC Machines and Laser cutters. Like Azteeg x5 mini or smoothieboard(no network).
AZSMZ Mini [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com]
AZSMZ 12864 LCD [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
SMART RAMPS [www.ebay.com] [bancuit.aliexpress.com] [azsmz.aliexpress.com]
[www.facebook.com]
July 21, 2015 10:26AM
Back in March I designed enclosures for both the AZSMZ controller board and for the matching LCD display. It has worked out very well for me. I included a cooling fan for the stepper drivers in the controller case.

Thingiverse link

I've been using the board quite heavily on a Kossel Delta (based upon the Folgertech variant with a number of custom parts I designed myself) and I've only had two minor issues so far.

1) MicroUSB connector needed to be resoldered to the board. It was either never properly soldered, or it broke loose. Fortunately, I have a Mantis stereo magnifier for SMD rework and the repair was easy.

2) The Polyfuse for the heatbed was constantly cutting out. They are commonly used on Ramps and many other controller boards and for the life of me I can't understand why. They are basically junk - highly unreliable. I removed mine and replaced it with a standard panel mount 15amp fuse and fuse holder. The difference in the heatbed performance is amazing.

It may not have the all the I/O of the genuine Smoothieboard (or even the new MKS SBASE), but the board is much more compact and has everything you need for a single extruder machine. It could actually work on a dual extruder machine, but you'd have to sacrifice variable speed MOSFET fan control since there are only three MOSFET outputs and they'd all be used up by the heatbed and two hotends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 10:30AM by KDan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login