Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alligator Board Q & A

Posted by geotete 
Re: Alligator Board Q & A
July 21, 2015 03:56PM
Thank you, Sir, I will try that this afternoon!
July 22, 2015 08:22PM
I tried the latest firmware 'MarlinKimbra4Due v4.1.3' but I still am not having any luck with PWM. I have tried altering the code with no success, and even tried changing some stuff in 'variants.cpp'.. Is it possible that it got fixed in MarlinKimbra but not MarlinKimbra4Due?

The only code that I have found that seems suspect is

{ PIOC, PIO_PC4, ID_PIOC, PIO_OUTPUT_0, PIO_DEFAULT, PIN_ATTR_DIGITAL, NO_ADC, NO_ADC, NOT_ON_PWM, NOT_ON_TIMER }, // PIN 36

but I honestly don't know enough to know if this is correct or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2015 08:22PM by daa5933.
July 25, 2015 01:28AM
I have the same probelm did you solve it??
stepper do not move confused smiley
July 25, 2015 01:35AM
My steppers do not move they are firmly in place.
Endstop are OK.
1.7 A "motor_current_percent" 67.
Wiring ok (works fine with ramps).
firmware repetiere v0.92.

Where could be the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 10:04AM by yogurt.
July 26, 2015 10:03PM
Unfortunately no, I have come to the outer limits of my coding knowledge
August 18, 2015 01:24PM
I am selling mine Aligator board for 120Eur incl. shipping in europe (Location - Latvia), all questions please pm. Like new used only for couple hours.
Shipping outside europe +10Eur
August 20, 2015 05:09AM
Like I said a few post's ago:
"Hi,

I have for sale a NIB Alligator board 110€, shipped with tracking, worldwide.
Shipment only to confirmed Paypal address, no exceptions.

Geotete"
August 21, 2015 06:00AM
Is there a way in which i can purchase an alligator board? I know that the campaign is over, i was a little late on thatsad smiley but I would really like to purchase one, possibly a piggy module as well, any suggestions?
August 21, 2015 06:04AM
Ok Geotete,
I would like to purchase your board, how do we get in touch? I am in the U.S
August 21, 2015 06:36AM
Sent PM
August 22, 2015 06:08AM
Hi

I'm trying to get my Alligator board to work on a printer (Cartesian) that previously had a Rumba type board. I'd like to use the MarlinKimbra4due firmware as my only experience is Marlin flavoured (I have done some minor tinkering).
I've found the necessary add ins/ons to allow me to upload the firmware to the board and it appeared to be successful (see image)
but I cannot get any software (Simplify3D/Cura) to connect to the printer, they both try for a while and then fail to connect. I believe my port settings are correct (see image)
Do all of the wiring connections have to be perfect before you can connect to the board (unlikely?) Does anybody have any ideas on what I might have done wrong, on what I can try next?
August 22, 2015 06:12AM
The two piggy modules can be purchased here Indiegogo Page
August 22, 2015 06:13AM
Deathsembrace662
Is there a way in which i can purchase an alligator board? I know that the campaign is over, i was a little late on thatsad smiley but I would really like to purchase one, possibly a piggy module as well, any suggestions?
The two piggy modules can be purchased here Indiegogo Page
September 09, 2015 05:44PM
Ok I just want some clarification before I plug this thing in. I have board #87 or something like that.

With 12V power attached to the board, do I need to modify the USB cable by cutting the +5V wire? Or can I use a standard unmodified USB cable, plugged in to UART?

Thanks

Doc
September 09, 2015 11:41PM
You can use the uart port (outermost port) with an unmodified usb cable. Just don't plug an unmodified usb cable into the native port while the board has power.
September 11, 2015 01:09PM
shteecers
I am selling mine Aligator board for 120Eur incl. shipping in europe (Location - Latvia), all questions please pm. Like new used only for couple hours.
Shipping outside europe +10Eur

New Price 105Eur, free worldwide shipping, pm only
September 24, 2015 04:06PM
Hi friend,

We added support for Alligator on RepRapFirmware with all the board features, including the Ethernet communication with web servers, ftp and telnet grinning smiley

The attachment is the precompiled binary, just upload it to the Alligator and configure the machine in the configuration files of the sdcard.
A single binary already compiled for all types of machines: Delta, Cartesian, core XY!

Compared with the original RepRapFirmware DC42 fork, we made these changes:

- Changes the EMAC Ethernet library for Alligator ethernet chip
- Added support for reading EEPROM with unique MAC address, each Alligator will have a unique MAC addres on ethernet set automatically at startup.
- Added support to set microstepping via firmware with the command M350
- Added support for the motor current adjustment via firmware with the command M906
- Added support for the Piggy module expansion
- Added support for dual fan.

In the INSTALL file there is more information to load the firmware.

a screenshot of the web interface

RepRapFirmware-Alligator-1.09h-dc42.zip

Marco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 04:24PM by MarcoAntonini.

Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board + Repetier Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Prusa Mendel + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware
September 24, 2015 05:55PM
OMG wow very tres' cool awesomesauce! Now I *really* have to get my 2nd printer up and running to test this image out.
October 05, 2015 03:00PM
Hi,

I'm getting this:

C:\Temp\Alligator>bossac\bossac_win.exe -e -w -v -b -R -i -p COM3 RepRap-Firmwar
e-Alligator_native.bin
Erase flash
Write 225972 bytes to flash
[ ] 0% (0/883 pages)
SAM-BA operation failed

Geotete
October 06, 2015 12:58PM
geotete,

the erase deep-switch is in position toward the processor?
which is your Windows version?

Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board + Repetier Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Chew-Z Delta Dedalo + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware + RaspberryPi 3 + Repetier Server
Prusa Mendel + Alligator Board with MarlinKimbra Firmware
October 06, 2015 01:31PM
Marco,

It's in the middle position and the Windows is the 7 Pro x64.

Best Regards,

Geotete
October 08, 2015 06:15PM
Hi Again,

The switch in the middle and toward the processor the resullts are the same.
C:\Temp\Alligator>bossac\bossac_win.exe -e -w -v -b -R -i -p COM3 RepRap-Firmware-Alligator_native.bin
Erase flash
[ ] 0% (0/883 pages)
SAM-BA operation failed

Geotete
October 09, 2015 09:18PM
Geotete,

are you plugged into the native port while you are doing this, or the uart port? looks like you are trying to load the native port version, and I do not know if that would matter when using bossac. I haven't tried it yet... just starting to learn about it.
October 10, 2015 05:55PM
Hi,

I did answer to your message a few hours ago, but for some reason it wasn't posted here, so here it goes again:
Yes, it is connected in the native port because the board is still new in the box and not connected to anything.
I’m trying to give another try to this board since with this last software update the thinks are much more interesting.
I already read the manual several times, and all the info that I was able to find on the web, but with no success!
This board has everything that needs to be one of the bests or even the best, but the support and the info are very slim…
The manual and the info that was released about the update and the board, is like this board was just meant for the elite of the minds in 3D printing…
I’m not asking for a step-by-step manual or install instructions, but for a more complete set of instructions.
At this moment I’m following everything that is available for this update in English, but with no success.

Geotete
October 10, 2015 06:40PM
With the board powered up from the usb, switch the dip switch away from the processor, then press and hold the reset button for two seconds. Flip the switch back towards the processor, press and hold the reset button for a moment again. Now you can follow the instructions for bossac, but make sure you replace com 3 with whichever port it is using (7 or 9 on mine).
October 11, 2015 02:37AM
Hi there,

I also have difficulties with the little extensive documentary. I like the board very much and works great so far.
But it would make it much more effective in case the documentation would be better.

To flash a new firmware is easy for an expert of course.
Please explain it a bit simpler or make a tutorial or a short video - just to give a better support and an easier understanding for the not so perfect users. - Thank you in advance.

tomx

deltaTower - Alligator Board - modified E3D hotend - Repetier 0.92 FW - RepetierServer
October 11, 2015 08:12AM
MarcoAntonini
geotete,

the erase deep-switch is in position toward the processor?
which is your Windows version?

What do you mean with "...toward the processor?"
As per the manual there is only 2 positions:

Geotete
October 11, 2015 08:35AM
daa5933
With the board powered up from the usb, switch the dip switch away from the processor, then press and hold the reset button for two seconds. Flip the switch back towards the processor, press and hold the reset button for a moment again. Now you can follow the instructions for bossac, but make sure you replace com 3 with whichever port it is using (7 or 9 on mine).

Hi,

With me none of the LED's blink, but I don't know if they should blink with the "Flash ERASE" (page 15 of the manual).
This is the LED's that are ON:

My port is port COM3:

But in the same PC and in a different PC with 6 different cables the results are the same:

This running as Administrator in Windows 7 Pro x64 USB2 port, using a USB Hub or directly on the motherboard.

Geotete
October 11, 2015 09:56AM
The processor is right in between the switch and the reset button, so the switch towards the reset button is 'normal mode' and the other direction is 'erase'. Your picture looks like the lights are lit up correctly. If you can't get reprap firmware to work you can try marlinkimbra4due firmware which is flashed using the arduino v1.6.1 software.

If you switch usb ports does your port number change? Also, you might try the uart version with you usb plugged into the uart port and external power going to the board.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 07:26PM by daa5933.
October 11, 2015 10:12AM
Hi,

Yes the COM port changes with another port.
And I solved the problem!
All the PC's that I have only have USB3 ports, they don't work with this.
Used a laptop with 3 years and a USB2 port, and the upload was sucess!

C:\Temp\Alligator>bossac\bossac_win.exe -e -w -v -b -R -i -p COM4 RepRap-Firmware-Alligator_native.bin
Erase flash
[==============================] 100% (883/883 pages)
Verify 225972 bytes of flash
[==============================] 100% (883/883 pages)
Verify successful
Set boot flash true
Device : ATSAM3X8
Chip ID : 285e0a60
Version : v1.1 Dec 15 2010 19:25:04
Address : 524288
Pages : 2048
Page Size : 256 bytes
Total Size : 512KB
Planes : 2
Lock Regions : 32
Locked : none
Security : false
Boot Flash : true
CPU reset.

So for the other users:
DON'T USE USB 3.0 ports!!!!

Geotete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 10:13AM by geotete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login