Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot End Temperture falling for no reason

Posted by Tsenneville 
Hot End Temperture falling for no reason
June 03, 2015 09:16AM
Greetings!

I have a strange problem with a Rambo 1.0 board that I have been using for some time with no problems: The Hot End Temp will reach its target temp (240C) but as soon as the machine starts to print, the temperature starts to drop...and drop fast! I have checked all of the setting in the repetier firmware (unchanged from last successful print) and in Repetier-Host and the G-code and the only commands concerning temp are at the top of the g-code and at the end of the g-code. There are no settings within Repetier-Host that change temp once the target temp is met and printing begins.

Any thoughts? Any and all help will be appreciated!

The rest of the system is a Budaschnozzle 2.0 and a heated bed. (Bed temp is stable)

T.
Re: Hot End Temperture falling for no reason
June 03, 2015 02:22PM
This happened to me and ended up being a faulty electrical connection to the heater. Printer movement caused ti connection to loosen, but when it was sitting still it seemed to work OK.
June 04, 2015 05:01AM
What he said ^

Also check the thermistor isn't loose in the hotend.
Re: Hot End Temperture falling for no reason Part 2
June 05, 2015 01:24PM
Greetings!

Well, it would seem that the temperature problem was buried within the part I was trying to print as when I printed something else...everything was fine: all temps stable!

I looked through the G-code for the problem piece and there were only two instances of the M104 S command: at the top of the g-code and at the end...nothing in between.
In going back over the testing procedures, it seems as if the drop in temp started at the change from layer 1 to layer 2. The other piece I tried made it to layer 6 with all temps stable.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?
June 05, 2015 09:46PM
You really only need two G code commands for temperature - one to set it (and wait until it reaches temp) at the beginning, and one to turn it off at the end. In between the firmware takes care of maintaining that temperature.

Some slicers, depending on the setting, will change the temp mid-print. For example, it is common to have a higher temperature for the first layer. This is usually specified as a slicer option.

But other than that, two commands is generally what you will see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login