Is there a way i can burn a bootloader with a sanguino 1.3a ...
July 14, 2015 02:57PM
Is there a way to burn a bootloader to a rambo 1.2g using the sanguinololu 1.3a as a isp?

can i connect the icsp of the two boards together or something like that?
Re: Is there a way i can burn a bootloader with a sanguino 1.3a ...
July 14, 2015 08:00PM
Yes

You just install ArduinoISP onto your sanguinololu, then find out wich pins are required (that will be the tricky part)

scetch says its uses pins: and to me it looks like these are the following

// pin name: on SL
// slave reset: 10: z-direction
// MOSI: 11: z-step
// MISO: 12: PB4 on io header (nb on some boards this is miss labled as PWM d12)
// SCK: 13: MOSI on ISP header

[www.arduino.cc]
July 14, 2015 08:59PM
Thanks for the reply i attached a thing can you tell me if you think thats right or how to fix it. pretty new to this and don't want to fry my board

I emailed the place where i got the board to ask if it had a bootloader and they said they don't know and once they run out of stock they wont carry them anymore due to the technical questions they cant answer.
Attachments:
open | download - diagram sa-ra.jpg (214.8 KB)
July 15, 2015 06:08AM
Looks good to me, but bare in mind I havent actuly done this, just working on how it should work.
July 15, 2015 07:42AM
I think you have to use the corresponding SS/MOSI/MISO/SS pins of the Sanguinulolu instead of using the same pin numbers, as is done on your drawing.
These would be pins 12/13/14/15, which are all on the Sanguinulolu extension headers.

Here is the hookup of my spare Sanguinulolu with which I succeeded to burn the bootloader of a Nano, using the unmodified ArduinoISP sketch:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 07:54AM by enif.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login