Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eagle version

Posted by ecloud 
Eagle version
August 27, 2010 08:27PM
I have an Eagle 4.16r1 Standard license. Is it possible to get the sch and brd files in a backwards-compatible format? When I try to load them it says 4.6 or newer is required. (Not that 4.6 is an actual released version, AFAICT.) Yes I know I can load them with the latest free edition, but then certain kinds of modifications will not be possible. ;-)
Re: Eagle version
September 09, 2010 10:59AM
do you plan to make your own boards with toner transfer or photo method?
September 09, 2010 01:41PM
Maybe toner transfer, or just get them made at a board shop. I want to combine the motherboard with a couple of the stepper drivers and a couple of other modifications. Guess I'm just going to have to start over to use my older version of Eagle, or else pay $180 to upgrade.
September 09, 2010 10:22PM
alternatively, install ver 5 separately under a free license. As far as I know, all the boards fit within the free license restrictions

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
September 10, 2010 02:05AM
By the time I combine the boards they won't fit those restrictions anymore.
September 20, 2010 09:43AM
I have been trying the same, to combine the boards for easier toner transfers, but i havent been able to figure out how to make it happen inside eagle (5.10). Maybe to start from one of the parts and import the other's schematic part by part, but that is kind of a long way to go. I just dont know how to "combine" boards. Just started with eagle on this project, to thicken the lines so layouts would be doable in toner transfer. The original layouts were too thin and just not really doable.

If you know please let me know just how to do combine the boards. I would love to get rid of the cables especially between steppers and the mb.

The only way i figured it would be to export the images and "combine" them on a paper sheet in an image editor. Could be easier but then mistakes can easily happen and just double-checking stuff like can be a pain to do.
September 23, 2010 05:56AM
open one project, group, select all, copy, close and reopen your combinator project without closing eagle, then paste. should be able to get the entire schematic across this way, not sure how well it applies to board layout

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login