Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fan mount for Duet 0.6?

Posted by o_lampe 
fan mount for Duet 0.6?
October 20, 2015 05:10AM
Hi,
has anyone seen/made a fan mount for the Duet 0.6 board?
I've seen housings, but they cover the backplane of the PCB. So I thought, I want to cool the front at least.

THX
-Olaf
Re: fan mount for Duet 0.6?
October 20, 2015 05:52AM
Just found dc42's kossel2020 panels. thumbs up

Not exactly what I had in mind. Even better grinning smiley
-Olaf
October 20, 2015 08:47AM
Hi Olaf,

I designed this for my printer:

Reprap.org duet case with fan

If I was to do another version, I would make the little tabs that hold the lid slightly larger, and I would increase the dimension of the lid in the long direction by 0.5mm
October 20, 2015 11:58AM
Thanks Patrick,
the blower fan might have a bit more pressure to cool the drivers that are at the far end.
-Olaf
October 20, 2015 12:23PM
You could use a larger blower too, to get more air. However, I have the 24v blower, and it seems very sufficient in this size. Particularly good with the blower is the fact that there is air flow both above and below the board... cools the drivers from the bottom where they are supposed to be cooled.

Going to a larger blower, you end up reducing the room for wires entering the case. If you could find a blower that had air input on the other side, you could flip a larger blower so the inlet to the board was at the bottom, and still have room for wires.
October 21, 2015 12:22PM
I wouldn't mind if the blower inlet was on the bottom. This way, I can heat up the bed and still get cool air for the duet. smiling smiley
I've done the same for the PSU. The printer is mounted on an OSD plate.
-Olaf
October 21, 2015 01:41PM
With a bottom mounted blower, You can go enormous. There are blowers on amazon that will turn the case into a wind tunnel.

Changing my case to use a bottom blower would take 5 minutes in tinkercad.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 01:43PM by patrickrio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login