Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.09n and DWC v1.07

Posted by chrishamm 
New firmware 1.09n and DWC v1.07
November 26, 2015 02:59PM
I'm pleased to release version 1.09n of my firmware fork and version 1.07 of my Duet Web Control. This time I've further increased network reliability and added many usability tweaks along with fotomas's dark CSS theme, which can be now activated on the settings page. Here the complete changelogs of these two versions:

DWC version 1.07:
- Thanks to fotomas a new dark theme can now be set on the Settings page
- "Axis not homed" warning may be displayed next to machine name
- Added support for 6 extruders and 6 heaters (thanks T3P3)
- DWC no longer blocks the HTTP G-Code reader during tool changes
- Last layer time is displayed for two seconds after each layer change
- Speed factor now goes from 20% - 200%
- rr_files uses flagDirs parameter if possible
- Print+Delete buttons on file and macro pages are now fixed and don't float around on smart displays any more
- Filament info for multi-colour prints and first layer height are now displayed on the files page
- Default bowden tube length increased to 500mm
- Improved Extrude+Retract buttons on Spools page (might be later replaced by macro files though)
- Status requests are no longer sent while fileinfo is being polled
- Added new machine properties page to settings
- If a config file has been uploaded, the DWC asks for a software reset
- RRF status responses may now provide the fan values as an array
- Translations have been disabled for MSIE (and Edge) to make the page load
- Load+Unload filament uses the stack and switches to relative mode
- Responses of faulty JSON requests are now logged to console
- Cancel button sends 'M0 H1' to instruct RRF to leave all heaters on
- Bug fix: Web interface didn't update when heated bed was re-enabled
- Bug fix: Macro directories were not deleted on the control page by the corresponding button on the macros page
- Bug fix: DWC wasn't scaled properly after load on smartphones
- Minor improvements

Firmware version 1.09n-ch:
- Added warning message to M22 (Release SD card)
- M140+M141 can no longer use heaters that are already in use
- Print time estimations aren't affected by pauses any more
- LWIP timers are now called at 8Hz (used to be 16Hz)
- Decreased network transaction count from 24 to 16 and MEM_SIZE in lwipopts
- Changed IRQ priorities once more, but their overall priorities remain equal
- Cleaned up PrintMonitor class and improved several details
- Added new fields to advanced status and config responses (see wiki)
- Added optional "flagDirs" parameter to rr_files
- Webserver shares the G-Code response with all clients
- Fixed potential memory leaks in the Webserver class
- Improved and verified OutputBuffer reference counters
- M22 reports a warning message because the SD card must not be removed during runtime
- Changed M27 to return the file size and the number of bytes read from the file being printed
- M0 always turns off all heaters unless an 'H' parameter with a non-zero value is passed
- Bug fix: Detected first layer height was too high if "Lift Z" G1 code was included in G-Code files
- Bug fix: M20 wasn't properly encoded for Pronterface
- Bug fix: Very long G-Code responses could hang up the web interface
- Bug fix: M1 in Marlin emulation didn't pause the print
- Bug fix: Added missing break to M190

And again many thanks to fotomas for his new DWC theme and for his extended beta tests!

You can get a precompiled version of my firmware here and Duet Web Control 1.07 is available here (click on "Download ZIP"). It is fairly possible that my new DWC works with older firmware versions as well, but then certain features won't function properly. That's why I recommend to use my current firmware if you want to try it out.

I may add an extra panel for stationary web cams to the next version of my web interface too, similar to what critical_limit already described in another thread here on this forum.
Re: New firmware 1.09n and DWC v1.07
November 27, 2015 04:29AM
Hi Chris,
your firmware is a fork from dc42s branch or the original RRF branch?

Will try to use your web control with dc42 1.09f later.

Thanks for keeping development going on, I have high hopes your work leads to an app, running on all smartphones/tablets
-Olaf
November 27, 2015 04:48AM
o_lampe
Hi Chris,
your firmware is a fork from dc42s branch or the original RRF branch?

Will try to use your web control with dc42 1.09f later.

Thanks for keeping development going on, I have high hopes your work leads to an app, running on all smartphones/tablets
-Olaf

Olaf

DC42's latest branch is 1.09K tho there is a beta of 1.09M which he has linked to in a COREXY post in here see

You may want to update at least to that before you test!

Doug
November 27, 2015 05:59AM
Hi Olaf,

My firmware was originally forked from dc42's repository, but a couple of things have been implemented differently. Basically the entire movement code is identical to dc42's fork though, and I can confirm that my firmware works as well on Delta and CoreXY printers. Besides, all G-Codes should be compatible, because I usually merge in most of dc42's changes when he releases a new firmware version.

The web interface works nicely on tablets and smartphones (tested with Chrome), but on some devices the stock browsers cannot deal with it properly. If you want to use all new features of this web interface version, I suggest you either flash my current firmware first or wait for dc42 to incorporate my latest changes.
November 28, 2015 06:33AM
Hi Chris,

nice release! Checked it with your fork and Davids fork. Working without any new problem so far.

Here are some things I´m dreaming of for the next releases:

1) configuration file in settings menue is not scrollable. Only complete page is to scroll, but not the configuratiopn file itself. Maybe interesting when larger config file is loaded.
2) is it possible to edit the config file in the settings menue? would make live easier to edit and save it via webcontrol.

3) have some problems to upload a bigger file. it is going to 100% and stops before the "upload complete" screen is shown. But that is not new to this version. Have it in older versions as well. Upload Speed is 200-300kbit/s, same with 4 differnt SDcards. 6 of 10 uploads fail to that reason.

4)Sometimes Safari is not connecting to the webserver. After deleting history and cookie it is working again. But thats alos not a new prob. was in the earlier versions the same.

5) And, of course, the webcam control we already talked about...

And again:

Big thanx for that nice release and your work!

cheers
Dirk
November 28, 2015 08:21AM
Hi Dirk,

I don't use Safari on my setup, so I actually can't tell how well it performs! But could you try to use it with Firefox or another free browser (except for IE)? I haven't had any problems with connects or file uploads with Firefox or Chrome yet.

I'm planning to changing the layout in my next version - ideally only the content div would have to be scrolled, but this requires several other changes to be made first. I will eventually turn the config file section into a larger text area as well.
November 28, 2015 10:46AM
ok, I will try with another browser. But maybe someone else can confirm that using Safari is causing trouble.

I want make a osx-app for your webcontrol. But this requires to be fully Safari compatible.

cheers
Dirk
November 30, 2015 10:04AM
I apologize in advance if this is known/expected.
I tried your release on my delta but the deployprobe.g file is not called before probing.
retractprobe.g is called just fine on the other hand.

Nice work on the UI smiling smiley
November 30, 2015 04:57PM
Have a issue too.

I have a G28 command in the end in the bed.g
All probing is done but G28 is not performed. And in the console I se strange values. Normally I have 0.02-0.06 after probing. Now the value is 1234.56
November 30, 2015 06:25PM
Thanks for your reports! I could reproduce this problem and I'm now working on a fix.
November 30, 2015 08:26PM
I've just released version 1.09o of my firmware on GitHub, which should provide a fix for the issue you described. If you get a chance, please test it and let me know if it fixes your problems.
December 01, 2015 07:51AM
Hi Chris,

issue with G28 solved. After probing it is going home now.

But look at this:

Calibrated 6 factors using 13 points, deviation before 0.813 after 155.657

This was after probing.
December 01, 2015 11:10AM
chrishamm
Hi Olaf,

My firmware was originally forked from dc42's repository, but a couple of things have been implemented differently. Basically the entire movement code is identical to dc42's fork though, and I can confirm that my firmware works as well on Delta and CoreXY printers. Besides, all G-Codes should be compatible, because I usually merge in most of dc42's changes when he releases a new firmware version.

The web interface works nicely on tablets and smartphones (tested with Chrome), but on some devices the stock browsers cannot deal with it properly. If you want to use all new features of this web interface version, I suggest you either flash my current firmware first or wait for dc42 to incorporate my latest changes.

I have been running DWC 1.07 with my own firmware fork for a few days, and I have not found any problems or missing functionality yet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 01, 2015 03:14PM
To use DWC 1.07 with DC42 firmware - is all that's needed is copy the DWC files to the flash card www directory?

thanks,
Michael

[sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

A strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints [forum.seemecnc.com]
Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts [forum.seemecnc.com]

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 01, 2015 03:44PM
mhackney
To use DWC 1.07 with DC42 firmware - is all that's needed is copy the DWC files to the flash card www directory?

thanks,
Michael

Yes, that's what I did.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 01, 2015 03:50PM
Great, thanks David. I'll give it a go.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 05, 2015 03:11PM
Hi Chris,

back to my issue with file upload.
Checked it now with differnt browsers. All the same.
It´s going to 100% complete, but not showing the final window. So it failed. Not every time, not due to filesize. Have it with config.g sometimes too.

Maybe it´s because of my network, but all other is working fine. Have a fitzbox running. Had no issues with my smoothieboard, but only the webserver on the duet.
Often it´s also not connecting to the webserver.

Any ideas what I can check? Others have similar problems, so maybe its in the webserver, maybe its in the local network?

cheers
dirk
December 05, 2015 05:28PM
I think that I had the same problem when uploading bed.g (about 700 bytes) - the upload appeared to fail, but in fact the file arrived intact (I took the memory card out to check).
Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit, Firefox browser. Latest dc42 firmware.

I haven't yet had an opportunity to follow this up and investigate further...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 05:29PM by David J.
December 06, 2015 07:47AM
David J
I think that I had the same problem when uploading bed.g (about 700 bytes) - the upload appeared to fail, but in fact the file arrived intact (I took the memory card out to check).
Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit, Firefox browser. Latest dc42 firmware.

I haven't yet had an opportunity to follow this up and investigate further...

I have had a few issues like that as well in my case W7 with Chrome browser.

FTP works so not to big an issue at the moment

Doug
December 06, 2015 09:17PM
Firstly, I am also running DWC v1.07 on the latest dc42 firmware with no problems.

Now, regarding file upload failures - I was having intermittent problems too along with occasionally very long upload times. This was with the sandisk CF card that came with my v0.8.5 Duet. I noticed my v.6 was uploading very fast. I swapped CF cards and the issues (slow and occasional failures) followed the card. I've since replaced the "bad" card with a new sandisk and I've not had a problem since. Could be the CF. I had similar issues with CF cards on smoothieboard too.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 07, 2015 03:25AM
mhackney
Firstly, I am also running DWC v1.07 on the latest dc42 firmware with no problems.

Now, regarding file upload failures - I was having intermittent problems too along with occasionally very long upload times. This was with the sandisk CF card that came with my v0.8.5 Duet. I noticed my v.6 was uploading very fast. I swapped CF cards and the issues (slow and occasional failures) followed the card. I've since replaced the "bad" card with a new sandisk and I've not had a problem since. Could be the CF. I had similar issues with CF cards on smoothieboard too.

Yep think you may be right with that what card did you swap to as I generaly use Sandisk ones but will try something else so interested in what you used?

Doug
December 07, 2015 04:11AM
mhackney

I released version 1.09n-dc42 yesterday, which includes some extra support for DWC 1.07 e.g. chamber heater info.

Interesting about the problem moving with the SDHC card.

December 07, 2015 09:23AM
@dc42 I ran into a similar issue when I converted to Smoothieboards over a year ago. I was having all sorts of problems until Arthur recommended swapping the SDCH card. Interestingly, it seems that some cards branded Sandisk might actually be counterfeits.

@dougal1958 The new card is a Sandisk that looks exactly like and has the same numbers as the bad card but I bought it locally. I usually buy Sandisk too but I've run into this problem several times. Perhaps they are a target for counterfeits because of their brand.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 07, 2015 10:28AM
mhackney
@dc42 I ran into a similar issue when I converted to Smoothieboards over a year ago. I was having all sorts of problems until Arthur recommended swapping the SDCH card. Interestingly, it seems that some cards branded Sandisk might actually be counterfeits.

@dougal1958 The new card is a Sandisk that looks exactly like and has the same numbers as the bad card but I bought it locally. I usually buy Sandisk too but I've run into this problem several times. Perhaps they are a target for counterfeits because of their brand.

The one I have found the issue with is a Kingston Will swap it out for a sandisk and see if it makes any difference
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login