Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo Board w/ REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

Posted by pdeyo 
Rambo Board w/ REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
December 25, 2015 10:38AM
HI;
I need some help getting this Full Graphic Smart Controller working on a Rambo. When I connect it and upload the Marlin firmware (with the require changes to the Config.h) the display just blinks. If I connect the LCD screen to a Ramps 1.4 board it functions as it should (works fine). I have checked out the adapter (LCD Adapter for RAMBO ) I installed on the Rambo board to connect the ribbon cables and it appears fine. I am using the same cables on the Rambo as I did on the Ramps. Is there additional firmware files that need to be changed that I am missing.

Thanks in advance
Re: Rambo Board w/ REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
December 25, 2015 06:58PM
Rambo needs extensions to the arduino IDE (its uses IO pins that are not available on the mega2560 boards, even though it uses the same CPU)

"Marlin and Repetier-Firmware (and others?) have extended support for RAMBo that takes advantage of the Atmega2560 MCU's pins that are not available on Arduino Mega2560. These pins are used for LCD interface or external stepper drivers."

see [reprap.org] for details

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2015 07:00PM by Dust.
Re: Rambo Board w/ REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER
December 25, 2015 07:54PM
Thanks for the info. I have the Rambo directory in my Arduino folder under hardware as stated on the reprap.org site: "You should end with a boards.txt file at arduino-1.0.5/hardware/rambo/boards.txt ". Only difference is my version of Arduino IDE is 1.6.4 and the directory is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\Rambo. But the 'Tools > Boards' option does not list the Rambo Board. This is the reason I haven't chose this option. Why is this option not showing up? I guess this would solve my problem.

Added:
Never mind I found the info I was looking for at : [forum.arduino.cc]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2015 08:03PM by pdeyo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login