Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reverse polarityangry smiley

Posted by atanasovgoran 
Reverse polarityangry smiley
December 26, 2015 04:04AM
Basically I was up all night, and decided at 5 am to fix my Printers input, because it had broken a few days ago.

So I replaced the connector, but confused the polarity, yes I know, clever me, and now my printer doesn't work from it's PSU,
but when I plug the USB, the electronics work, but the steppers still don't. I think I burned the Regulator, or is there some other part that would blow first?

I have the MKS Base v1.2

Any suggestions?
Re: Reverse polarityangry smiley
December 26, 2015 04:27AM
Sadly this board is not open source, which means you cant get circuit diagrams or much help.

If it was a ramps, those have a reverse protection diode across the input that normally needs replaced after such an incident

It does seem to have a fuse in the area according to this blurry image labelled f3 you could check that with a multimeter on continuity.
December 26, 2015 04:30AM
I already checked the fuse is ok :/
I am looking for a new board then
December 26, 2015 04:34AM
Should I buy a ne controller?
economically I am tight but there is a Kit Mega 2560 + RAMPS 1.4 Controller+ 5X A4988 for 25 dollars.
Is it any good?
Any other cheap controller? I need 2 extruder outputs and heated bed.
December 27, 2015 02:18AM
Arduino/Ramps would work, but make sure your MakerBase LCD screen works with the combo too?! ( If you have one at all )
December 28, 2015 05:08AM
I think it does. not sure.

I ordered the Ramps 1.4.
I also ordered the buck regulator(L5970D) that is near the power input, since it was 2.50€ for 2 of them from Germany, it will arrive in 2 days.
I think that is the cause of the problem, since the fuse is not blown.
I will try replacing it when it arrives. If it works good. Then I will have the first part for my next printer tongue sticking out smiley
December 31, 2015 11:19AM
Replacing the regulator chip did fix the board.
January 03, 2016 03:51PM
atanasovgoran
Replacing the regulator chip did fix the board.
make an instructables about it

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
January 03, 2016 05:31PM
I don't have any pictures of the actual repair.
January 04, 2016 02:02AM
atanasovgoran
I don't have any pictures of the actual repair.
A good picture of result with some arrows and explanations can make all the difference in the World for the rest of us smiling smiley

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
January 04, 2016 01:10PM
Sorry for the picture quality, I don't have any better.

[www.instructables.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login