Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 0.6 and 5v regulator

Posted by Gaou 
Duet 0.6 and 5v regulator
January 17, 2016 04:05AM
Guys i receveid two days ago the last ( i hope it will change soon) order from RPP . It was a duet 0.6 . Then i thought that i need the 5voltage regualtor that rpp was shipping with duet. So are there any alternatives to it or i have to make one to make the printer work .

In few words is the 5v regulator necessary for the setup or there is an alternative ?
Re: Duet 0.6 and 5v regulator
January 17, 2016 04:09AM
You can use the on-board switching regulator on the Duet by putting a jumper across the pins labelled 5V_EN (not the ones labelled 5V_ATX_EN). The reason that RRP shipped a separate 5V regulator with some (but not all) of their kits was that the on-board regulator created too much EMI for them to claim CE certification for the assembled printer.

The Duet 0.6 continues to be available from Replikeo, and the improved Duet 0.8.5 from Think3DPrint3D.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 17, 2016 04:19AM
dc42
.... pins labelled 5V_EN (not the ones labelled 5V_ATX_EN)..

ok i ll put a jumper but do i have to remove the second one ( 5v_ATX_En) or i ll jumpered both of them?
January 17, 2016 04:35AM
Use one or the other. The 5V_ATX_EN jumper passes 5V power to the board from the 3-pin connector just below the main power in terminal block. If you are using an ATX PSU to power the printer, you can feed 5V power in through that if you wish, instead of using the on-board regulator.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 17, 2016 05:31AM
ok got it david . I ll supply 5v trough my server psu ( it gives 5.55v without load ) .

But something more. On the web interface it say that it has an option to power on a psu ? I think it refers to psu from computers. Is it an easy proccedure or it needs a lot of modding and hacking ?
January 17, 2016 06:39AM
Gaou
ok got it david . I ll supply 5v trough my server psu ( it gives 5.55v without load ) .

But something more. On the web interface it say that it has an option to power on a psu ? I think it refers to psu from computers. Is it an easy proccedure or it needs a lot of modding and hacking ?

That web interface option refers to using the ATX_PS_ON pin (the middle one on that 3-pin terminal block) to turn the main power (12V if using an ATX PSU) on and off remotely. To make this work on a Duet 0.6, you need to add a pulldown resistor to the board. I wrote a post on how to do this a long time ago, probably in 2014.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login