Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS mini-b v1.0

Posted by lapo 
MKS mini-b v1.0
May 18, 2016 06:32PM
I've recently bought a cheap kossel mini kit which came with a board I have not seen before.
I've been trying to search it up on the internet but can't seem to find any information.
On the PCB it the model is listed as MKS MINI-B V1.0
There is plenty of information on the MKS MINI V1.0 out there, but nothing on the -B variant.

As far as I can tell, the main difference is in the onboard support for a heated bed. (There is an extra 12V connector labeled "Hot Bed" on the version I have.)

Has anyone come across this board before? Is it safe to run the bed directly off it or is it always better to use a relay switch and just use the board to control the bed?

Also, the kit came with 4 tiny aluminium stick on heat sinks. I presume they should go on the controller board. My guess is they go on the 4 identical chips next to the stepper sockets?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lapo

Re: MKS mini-b v1.0
July 13, 2016 08:04AM
Hi Lapo,

The main 12-V connector is not appropriate for such a high current. I used it for one day before the connector was damaged. Although it worked, I’m not sure that the PCB will last longer. I’m going to use a relay.

Best,

Claudimir
July 14, 2016 03:09PM
They are feeding the board through the barrel connector?? thumbs down

You could be glad to get the extruder heated before frying the barrel, but not the bed.
Although they added a beefy MOSFet for the bed, a reasonable power input terminal and decent PCB traces are required too.
January 15, 2017 04:50PM
Hi
have the same control board, and my delta suddenly stop with heating bed, so one guys advise me to buy this item [www.aliexpress.com]
May 21, 2017 04:41AM
jp.clecrc. When I click the link it wants me to log in. Can you write the name of the board instead?
May 21, 2017 04:51AM
just search for "Electric Board for 3D Printer General Add-on Heated Bed Power Expansion Module High Power Module expansion board" on aliexpress.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login