Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can i Build RADDS Board?

Posted by rastaman46 
Can i Build RADDS Board?
May 24, 2016 11:42AM
Hi just quick question can I build radds board?

is it open source?

I want it just for my self upgrade my printer !!!

Regards
Re: Can i Build RADDS Board?
May 25, 2016 05:34AM
They say it is, but don’t provide enough info to make the pcb
May 25, 2016 07:03AM
They provide enough info to make yourself but its not a load the file thing, you gonna gave to design your own copy in Kicad or eagle while looking at they pcb and shematic you can find around.

Or you can contact angelo and ask him the files maybe he will supply them to you if you not going into production with it. ( I think he try to keep the quality high and not have multiple chinese getting some bad radds out in the market)
May 25, 2016 02:39PM
I am not sure who is claiming RADDS is Open Source, even by the relaxed standards of RepRap it is not considered open [reprap.org]. There is no mention of Open Source on [doku.radds.org]

From a legal point of view, you don't need permission to copy the RADDS design, as utility hardware is not covered by copyright.

Practically, if you want to etch a board at home, you would need to ask the authors for a copy of the board files. Though It wouldn't take long to layout the board in KiCad... on a rainy day I might do that.

There are some alternatives to RADDS, of course.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
May 26, 2016 02:52AM
Looking forwards to it !!!

Regards
August 14, 2018 11:28AM
Can I build RADDS like board from the schematics provided on the documentation site of RADDS?

Can I sell the board after making with some other name than RADDS by giving credit as "originally inspired by RADDS"?

Do I need to register the board under the same CC 3.0?

I will be grateful if anyone answers my doubts,

Thanks..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2018 11:30AM by sumukh208.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login