Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rumba with external motor driver

Posted by ramses061 
Rumba with external motor driver
June 10, 2016 12:26PM
Hello everybody,
I have a HY-DIV268N-5A driver. I have NEMA 34 motors. I connected them to my stepp driver HY-DIV268N-5A. But i have a problem. The driver have inputs like EN+ EN-, PUL+ PUL- and DIR+ DİR-. They are "Enable", "Pulse" and "Direction" commands. But i couldn't find those outputs on the Rumba board. On the board there are A- A+ B- B+ pins.
I only want to learn the output pins as ENABLE, PULSE and DIRECTION on the Rumba. I know those pins exists. Because all step drivers work with them. Can anyone suggest me an idea? I attached the pictures of the card an driver.
Thanks for your interest.
Attachments:
open | download - RRD-RUMBA_STEPPERDRIVER_MULTI.JPG (272.9 KB)
open | download - RRD-RUMBA_STEPPERDRIVER_SILKBACK.JPG (189.9 KB)
open | download - 2015-02-18-13.47.13-750x429.jpg (95.2 KB)
Re: Rumba with external motor driver
June 10, 2016 12:37PM
The step direction and enable pin are written on the bottom of your plug in drivers. You need to remove the driver boards and run wires from where these plug in to the external driver.
You need 4 wires Step Dir En and GND.
June 10, 2016 01:41PM
Excuse me but i didn't understand sad smiley I don't have problem with my step driver. I have problem with the Rumba. The Rumba have only 4 pins. They are A- A+ B- B+. I need help about connecting the Rumba to HY-DIV268-N.
June 10, 2016 04:11PM
The rumba already has drivers and does not need external drivers. The problem is you want to run motors that will not run on these drivers so you want to replace the drivers on the board with external drivers.
Since rumba has its own drivers there is no need normally to have external connectors for step and direction on the board.
This means you need to remove a driver and use the step and direction pins from that driver.
If you are adding an external driver and want to keep all the existing drivers ( that is you have more than 6 motors) then you have to find pins not used and define them as step and direction but you may need software changes as well.

George
June 10, 2016 04:23PM
Yes you're right. But the drivers which Rumba has, are not on board. They are seperate from the board and i will not use them. I will remove them but i don't know the pins on the Rumba that will go to external driver.
June 16, 2016 08:27PM
ramses061
Hello everybody,
I have a HY-DIV268N-5A driver.

It is very crappy driver. Make sure you open it and put some thermal grease between TB chip and the cooler.

Also not that chip can do "max 5A" in peaks only, max it can output in ideal conditions is 4.5A normal operation.

Furthermore note that HY-DIV268N-5A schematic is very wrong. It's driving your steppers with only 30% of torque. They "designed" the "circuit" that on step switch driver to 100% torque and then returns it back to 30% .. unfortunately they designed it wrongly so that does not really work. You can force 100% torque non stop but unfortunately poor design of the board can't handle it and it breaks down....

Also they push 0-3V on the Vref pin (for stepper current) while datasheet states 0-2V .. what happens between 2 and 3V is anyone's guess sad smiley

Furthermore, their calculation is for 0R22 Rnf but the resistors on board is so low quality they are between 0R30 and 0R35

Not sure what current are your NEMA34's rated but if you need 3A or more you ain't getting it with this driver sad smiley

ramses061
But i couldn't find those outputs on the Rumba board. On the board there are A- A+ B- B+ pins.
I only want to learn the output pins as ENABLE, PULSE and DIRECTION on the Rumba. I know those pins exists. Because all step drivers work with them. Can anyone suggest me an idea? I attached the pictures of the card an driver.

There is no connector on RUMBA with EN, STEP and DIR pins other then the connector for the driver. You removed your driver. Look at your second picture, silkscreen of driver you removed, you see the input pins there (STEP, DIR, EN) written on the board of the driver ... look how driver goes on top of RUMBA board, solder wires on the pinheader where those GND, STEP, EN and DIR are on your old driver and push pinheader into RUMBA instead of your old driver

clear?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login