Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-ARM from Panucatt

Posted by .Jata 
Re: Re-ARM from Panucatt
June 22, 2018 09:58AM
nebbian
I've gone back to Marlin on my Re-Arm. It was working really well, up until I updated the firmware to enable advanced pausing, and bricked my board eye rolling smiley

Sorry to read about that. Would you mind explaining a little more what caused the bricking ?
I was considering starting to use my rearm soon, might as well learn from your mistakes.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 22, 2018 02:37PM
Sadly, I did too. I was so excited for this product, and when I had a MAJOR problem with it (no usb or other communication), I contacted them for help/repairs, and no response.
I wont ever buy from them again, and urge others to follow suit. There are so many other BETTER products out there that the manufacturer actually helps/supports and appreciates the money spent with them.
June 24, 2018 01:44AM
It turns out that this was related to an auto update that the compiler did behind my back.

It still compiled the file, but the resulting binary was buggy to the point that the board would not boot.
I got it all back up and working by downloading the very latest Marlin 2.0 branch, recompiled and saved directly to the SD Card.
When it was inserted into the Re-Arm, it all came back to life. Phew!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2018 11:30PM by nebbian.
August 30, 2018 04:46PM
I'm experiencing difficulties trying to get repetier to work with my system. I can't get Cura 3.4.1 to load as my slicer (need a python file). If I load a gcode file and try to run it the follow issue occurs. The printer will do it's 4x4 leveling, come to the front of the bed and do it's purge. At that point the image disappears from the screen and the printer stops. If I pull the image up it shows it about 5.5mm below the print surface. This is the same amount that the z offeset is set for on the bl touch. Also, repetier does not respond to shutdown, the only way it to turn off printer and use task manager to kill the repetier program. When using the built in slicers nothing happens after slicing, the program stops after issuing the home commands (if it even gets that far).

Randy

Retired software analyst novice 3d printer user.
December 09, 2018 03:21AM
I was going to purchase the re-Arm until I stumbled across the comments here.
So what options do we have now?
Is stm nucleo the sole alternative?
Or duet board is the sole versatile board and we will have to wait till prices come down or a new board comes to market?
Bluntly speaking, are there any 32bit boards below100$
which can give reliability and versatility comparable to duet? (plus is marlin 2.0 the most ideal way to go or we can get some extra milage from existing boards by a Klipper like arrangement)
I am confused and online literature is scanty
December 09, 2018 11:17AM

Or duet board is the sole versatile board and we will have to wait till prices come down or a new board comes to market?
Bluntly speaking, are there any 32bit boards below 100$
which can give reliability and versatility comparable to duet?

A non-clone Duet Maestro is currently $119, so doesn't meet your $100 limit - although I am hopeful that the price will drop in time as production ramps up and the warranty return rate becomes known. I also hope that someone will help fund prototyping of a WiFi version of the Duet Maestro, because it would cost less to manufacture than the current Ethernet version, so it should retail for less.

AFAIK, Marlin 2 still lacks support for networking (other than by adding RPi+Octoprint), macros, flexible tool definition, boot-time configuration, and some other less important features. Someone else is sure to step in if I have this wrong.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 10, 2018 01:32AM
It seems like I will have to wait for the duet board.
Meanwhile, any opinions on re-ARM and stm32 nucleo?
April 03, 2019 07:59PM
I'm trying to figure out if it's safe to connect my power supply directly to the PS_ON pin on a Re-Arm/RAMPS 1.4 combo. The "enable power" pin on my DPS-600PB power supply is 5V that needs to be shunted to ground to turn the PS on. This works great on my Mega2560/RAMPS combination, but I'm concerned about the Re-Arm's ability to switch the 5V signal from the power supply. Input pins are supposed to be 5V tolerant, but this pin would be set to be output and I'm not sure if that's kosher? I suppose I could always stick a 2N3904 in there and make sure...
April 04, 2019 03:04AM
I suggest you ask Panacutt. But it would be surprising if a connector marked PS_ON wasn't 5V tolerant.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 04, 2019 02:04PM
dc42
I suggest you ask Panacutt. But it would be surprising if a connector marked PS_ON wasn't 5V tolerant.

Yeah - it's probably OK. But I decided that for the price of two resistors and a 2N3904 it wasn't worth the risk so I built up a little switching circuit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login