Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen v1.4 Pins for fan/blower controll

Posted by mstitdk 
MKS Gen v1.4 Pins for fan/blower controll
March 03, 2017 12:24PM
Hello

I have bougth a MKS Gen v1.4 controller for my Creality Afinibot A9 with TMC2100 motor driver, and what a change in noise level. but i have some issues that i cant figure out or know how to solw, and tried for two days now on other forums and people

my power supply is on 24v,and i have 24v fans connected on D9 and the AUX 12 to 24v out put on the board.

does any one know how to control fans to cool the controller/stepper driver, i would like to activate the fans when a stepper is active, or know what pin number i can use in marlin

i have this code in marlin
//This is for controlling a fan to cool down the stepper drivers
//it will turn on when any driver is enabled
//and turn off after the set amount of seconds from last driver being disabled again
#define CONTROLLERFAN_PIN -1 //Pin used for the fan to cool controller (-1 to disable)
#define CONTROLLERFAN_SECS 50 //How many seconds, after all motors were disabled, the fan should run
#define CONTROLLERFAN_SPEED 255 // == full speed

[reprap.org]
Re: MKS Gen v1.4 Pins for fan/blower controll
March 18, 2017 05:45AM
You don't have the mosfets for additional cooling fans. Easiest way to add them is to get a RRD fan extender which plugs in to the servo header on the board. IIRC that gives you two more channels on D9 and D11 ( don't wuoye me on that though, look at the board diagram)
Re: MKS Gen v1.4 Pins for fan/blower controll
March 19, 2017 12:53AM
This guy cross posed.... has answers here [forums.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login