Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS TFT Icon problems

Posted by mrcshbs 
MKS TFT Icon problems
April 16, 2017 04:26PM
Hello

I have a MKS TFT 3.2 inches and no matter what firmware I upload, I get the same results... Some icons simply don't want to show correctly. All the other icons show correctly.

This is the Original 2.0 MKS TFT... I downloaded and some icons do not show up correctly
[github.com]

I also tried the version 1.2 (same results)
[github.com]

Lastly, I also downloaded an alternative firmware for Majurca (same results) some icons look messed up.
[github.com]

I open the config files in Notepad with Windows 10... but doesn't matter if I make any modifications on the config file or not. the icons still don't work.

so, I thought maybe it was a bad LCD MKS, so I bought another one... still same results on the new one.

Is there any tricks or something when updating the firmware? right now, I have it connected to the MKS board and gets power via the ribbon cable. The 2.8 inch has a 12V plug but the 3.2 inches does not.

Any ideas?

Please see attached images.

I followed this thread here with no success:
[forums.reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (202.2 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (176 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (180.7 KB)
open | download - 5.jpg (200.3 KB)
Re: MKS TFT Icon problems
April 16, 2017 04:51PM
Please disregard this thread.

Problem solved. Here is the solution:

If after you upload the firmware, you experience the same problem, use a SD card (not the UScool smiley but the SD card must be smaller than 4GB.

I used an old 512MB SD card and when I uploaded the original firmware from the site (same one I was having problems with) it worked like charm!

So conclusion: Use a smaller than 4GB SD hard when uploading the firmware to the MKS TFT 2.8 or 3.2

Thanks

Marcos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login