Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

16f648a

Posted by Dylan 
16f648a
December 22, 2007 01:52AM
I am at the point now where I need to test my UC board, but the BOM gave me 16f648a as the PIC but the hex firmware is for the 16f628. How do I compile the firmware for the new chips. I saw some stuff on here about using SDCC to compile the files in sourceforge, but do I download that whole folder and try to open in as a project? (I don't have any exp with C. I've been a picBasic user).
Since the 648a seems to have been on the BOM for a while, the UC1.2 page and the PIC programming page should be updated to at least show both.
Is this becoming obsolete because of the arduino setup? If so, why is it still listed. It would be nice to have a list of how to finish at least one version before the next one is the focal point. I know that might sound somewhat sarcastic, but I'm sure many of you know what I mean.

edit: nevermind, I found a link by Adrian for the hex files for this chip. I still think it should be explained on the UC page if the 648a is the official chip in the BOM.

edit2: I got it to program, but now I'm having a software issue (Host) so I'll post in that section.

Thanks
Dylan

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2007 04:03AM by Dylan.
Re: 16f648a
January 27, 2008 12:29PM
Hy Dylan,

Can you send me the link, please which explains how to program the PIC16F648A instead of PIC16F628? I ordered the same chip and now can not program it with the hex files for PIC16F628.

Thanks,
Adam
January 27, 2008 02:18PM
Here is the link to Adrians post: [forums.reprap.org]

the link he has up there for the source doesn't work anymore, but here is the link for the files already compiled.
[people.bath.ac.uk]

If you are having problems putting them on the chip after that, there may be a problem with how you are programming it. If that's the case, check the forums of the programmer you have.

Hope this helps.

Dylan
January 31, 2008 10:57AM
Thanks Dylan it helped. I got my PIC programmed now, I hope it is going to work on the board too.

Thanks again,
Adam
January 31, 2008 07:38PM
Sure, no problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login