[3dprintersweb.com]
[fr.aliexpress.com]

[lerdge.com]
[www.xcr3d.com]

the price is very decent less than 100e with good steppers
Re: lerdge board 32 bits
May 19, 2017 01:25PM
Questions you should be asking:

- Is the hardware open source, or at the very least is the schematic available? Otherwise it can be very hard to diagnose problems when they occur.

- What firmware does it run? If it is an open source firmware (e.g. Marlin/Repetier/RepRapFirmware/Smoothieware/Teacup) as most 3D printer firmwares are, is the source code provided? If it is derived from one of those but source code is not provided, then it is a parasite on the open source ecosystem and your moral duty is to shun it. The same applies if it is derived from open source hardware but the source files are not provided.

- Most important: what support does the supplier provide? I can't speak for that board in particular, but in general good support comes at a price, unless it is a well-made clone of an open-source design that is already well-supported by the community.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 19, 2017 01:42PM
i think it s open source derived...you speak about a well made clone do you mean skm base 1.3?
the problem with others open source board is it very very expansive(almost 200e with screen..i am a student so for me it s not possible) and you have not all features that this board have (detection wire, wireless,power cutt detection ) at thsis price range
now it could be a great board for the price and i don t expect the same support but if it working well with a clone code, it could be a good start
actually the new board has 2 output fan port. i have spoke with official agent on skype,he will send me pdf manual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 01:44PM by titeuf007.
May 19, 2017 05:59PM
I think I saw this board before. It is closed source. So what do you think of Chinese software developers? If they (and the hardware guys) did a good job then you have a good board. If not then there is not much you can do about it. So basically it will end in the trash bin.

If they release the schematics, then you would still end up having a board and no open source firmware for it. If they also release the source code then this might be a good starting point.

If software development for free is your hobby then buy it if you get the schematic. If you want to get your moneys worth then request schematic and source code. Otherwise it is a gamble and all you can loose is the money you payed them, some import taxes, the time invested to get it to work, and maybe your house if it over heats and burns down the house. But that happens only in very few cases,...

Are you a gambler ?
May 19, 2017 06:05PM
no all non open source board from chinese are crappy.
the guy seem to be reactive and software release happen often so it s not a dead board.(i am pretty sure it s just a copy from an another open source)
if the board working well right now i don t care if i will not have new release until at the end of my life winking smiley
for the price, the hardware seem pretty good
May 19, 2017 06:09PM
If you think it's a closed source derivative of an open source board, then do the decent thing and refuse to buy it. Don't be another parasite.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 19, 2017 06:15PM
dc42
If you think it's a closed source derivative of an open source board, then do the decent thing and refuse to buy it. Don't be another parasite.

i am not really sure if it s 100% the case but i know chinese...i will try to ask to dev guy if it s a base opensource code
there are features that you have not in opensource(end wire detection for ex)
and not all sensor for auto bed are compatible(ir sensor for ex but most of them are compatible)
so it s hard to know but the price with shipping cost seem reasonable to test it without huge risk (feedback seem good and i have spoke with some people who bought this board and they are happy despite some minor issues at the beginning but resolve once they contacted the support)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 06:16PM by titeuf007.
May 19, 2017 06:17PM
It has an STM32 and a Display. I don't think that it is an open source derivate. If you can live with an proprietary board and it currently has all the features you need then go for it. But you said it yourself Chinese firmware is crappy.

If it has the feature you need is something you need to discuss with the seller not in this forum.
May 19, 2017 06:25PM
i think forum is a good place to speak about a new board!! we are not in north corean here! we are free
if new hardware could give another choice for people i think it s good.
i will post the pdf file as soon as the dev will send me one so we can see if there are all features support for cartesien and delta
if it s more user friendly than atmega board it could be good
May 20, 2017 04:50AM
titeuf007
the problem with others open source board is it very very expansive(almost 200e with screen

Here's am open source board for (far) less than 200 Euros: [www.reprap-diy.com] A good companion for a RasPi, a generic PC or a cheap laptop, which have not only a screen, but also the processing power to run a slicer and/or other helpful applications.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 20, 2017 05:04AM
look at this
[www.youtube.com]

so it run well on delta without issues
[www.thingiverse.com]

i want something simple , i have no free time for soldering winking smiley

i have spoke with a dev members and it s not open source base code.

the new board now has two output fan
[fr.aliexpress.com]

there are going to release a new firmware which support wireless internet module.
so if everything working , why open source will be better? i am a drone pilot so i have almost everything with open source(arducopter,betaflight) but drone moving (code is important here for stability)
but for pinters i don t see the real necessity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2017 05:24AM by titeuf007.
May 20, 2017 04:40PM
Why do there threads look like someone trying to promote their product?
May 20, 2017 04:43PM
because each time someone try to link a new board which is no open source, it will be blame!!!
but almost all board available are 200euro..so some like me prefer to search out of there
i am french and i am lucky because on youtube there is a french men who has this board
he is very happy with it
May 26, 2017 04:21PM
any news from a deutch user
he is very happy and he said me that the board is very user friendly
he sent me this

[www.dropbox.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 04:29PM by titeuf007.
June 09, 2017 04:51AM
i just to buy one with endstop filament detection
i will say you if it s a good board and i could compare with my others board
Anonymous User
June 19, 2017 04:52PM

hello

i have 3 Lerdge boards om Kossel xl printers...best boards i have ever,,closed source ,big screen 3,5 ,Lv 8729 drivers set to 1/64 steps,may 1 /128 very quiet ,i use original mehanical end stop,filament monitor,autolevel pressure sensor and continous power, yesterday i add extended power module for hot bed,,,,board is fully controlled from display,no need pc to configure, very simply to calibrate kossel printer .if you want connect to PC you need usb module,,,wifi not available jet ,dual extruder module not develop jet,,,,,firmware is regular updated and you can download from Lerdge.com.....international seller on Ali are 3dsway and wenziu electronic,,,Taobao lerdge shop do not selling to international buyer,,you must use taobao agent but price come close to ali price...

.i have extra complete set,,board with lv8729 drivers,3 mehanical end stops,filament monitor for 1,75mm,auto level sensor for e3d nozle,,hot bed power module 25 amp,and set for continuous print after lose power,,,all together is not cheap,,150 euro lucky i did not pay eu custom tax on delivery ,,,if any want i can sell and ship to Eu

lerdge support on taobao you can easy contact ,,you must install AliWangWang mesanger , English lenguage is not best part of story but can get advice,,
Anonymous User
June 19, 2017 05:01PM
lerdge manual on Taobao
[shop221649007.world.taobao.com]

Firmware desription
[shop221649007.world.taobao.com]

Firmware download. frmware in zippd files include detailed explanation how to set board in pdf format,,to big to attach here

[lerdge.com]

Taobao page google chrome will translate automatically to English language

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2017 02:15AM by grimlok2000.
June 19, 2017 08:56PM
yes this board is promising and very good price for all features support
and the best thing is no brain storming for tune our printer
June 20, 2017 12:05AM
Got that in anything other than Chinese anywhere?
Anonymous User
June 20, 2017 04:04AM

google chrome and automatic translating to english,,,working perfect

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2017 04:56AM by grimlok2000.
June 20, 2017 05:59AM
[www.xcr3d.com]

frank:you can buy this board on many website shop
almost all controllers come from chinese
June 20, 2017 01:12PM
Now and for sale version 1.0.2
Output fan2 HotEnd controlled at 40 degrees

I use it in my HBot

DELTA Printer - Duet -Touch5" - E3D_V6
June 20, 2017 04:49PM
yes new version has 2 output fan
June 20, 2017 07:52PM
The v1.0.2 board seems to only have 4 stepper drivers? Do you do a 6-stepper version? Or is there some way to add a couple more steppers?

What firmware is it running? Where can I download that from... the xcr3d.com site you pointed me to doesn't seem to have it? Presumably it has some kind of Arduino-like interface for updating the firmware? Can the firmware handle more than 2 extruders?
June 21, 2017 05:33AM
firmware version are here
[lerdge.com]

firmware is not open source but independent dev
it has many update and improvement with lots of features added
but you are right there are 4 steppers
June 21, 2017 03:10PM
[www.youtube.com]

apparently the new one board as two extruder output,2fan...
Anonymous User
June 22, 2017 02:02AM

lerdge is single extruder board,for dual extruder you need module , Lerdge just start selling on Taobao

[world.taobao.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2017 03:54AM by grimlok2000.
Anonymous User
June 22, 2017 06:56AM
New firmware and new UI will be published for international customer next week..
June 22, 2017 10:32AM
i just to received mine
June 22, 2017 04:29PM
No longer interested... I don't want to depend on some anonymous developer working for some money-driven company who may or may not upgrade the software and/or may or may not fix bugs and/or may stop support at any moment and/or may decide to suck money out of me for any of these things.

Not to mention that I don't believe for a minute that the firmware is completely independently developed; I'm sure it's a GUI built on top of someone else's open source firmware. Not only is it in violation of the license agreement, but the company is sponging off the real author's efforts, without any acknowledgement or recognition, let alone payment. If the company is dishonest about its software, then it will be dishonest about other stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login