Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lerdge board 32 bits

Posted by titeuf007 
Re: lerdge board 32 bits
February 22, 2019 09:20PM
Hi there Lerdge X users...
I had an issue with my 1st lerdge X : an issue with temperature of the hotend that could not be reached.
I tried to upgrade the board and bricked it.
One new board later, I finally had the same issue few month later (still temperature that could not be reached, not enough power bullshit)
Let me tell you one thing : in my opinion the mosfet is very fragile.
So without anything left to loose, I tried to desolder it but I guess I do not have the proper material for that (i have only a soldering station and a desoldering manual pump)
After few tries, I was able to unsolder the legs of the mosfest from board but the rest of the component still sticked on the board.
Without any success expectations, I scratched the old mosfet a bit with a screwdriver then I manually soldered a brand new PSMN7R0-30YL the ghetto way. just above the old one !
Guess what ? It is ugly but it works !!!! my hotend now reach the 210°C I needed !! who knows how long it will last...but it is my last lerdge board for sure !

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 09:26PM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 03:14AM
That damned message is back.
Still The ghetto mosfet soldering trick was usefull for me since before that the board did not even managed to heat the hotend AT ALL...
Actually my hotend is able to reach 210 if the hotend is not cooled but not when the fan is there.
Of course the first thing I did was ensuring that the fan was not cooling the heaterblock.
Things improved a bit when reducing the fan speed using resistors but the message still appeared time to time.
I also tried to change the threshold protection value 0,6 to 0,00 from the autopid tune menu...no major improvement.
Last resort : I will try with an external mosfet module and this is will be the last euros I will invest fixing that crappy board.
If it works all good...otherwise : ---> to waste.
once again NEVER AGAIN I will buy anything from this brand...not even a f*****g jumper.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 03:21AM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 05:11AM
Have you tried 24volt setup? I had the heat issue and went 24 volts and never had any more issue, you need that fan on your hotend to prevent heat Crip and causing filament jamming.
February 25, 2019 07:56AM
Unfortunately I am already with a 24v setup...
the fanless test was a dry run without any filament in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 07:57AM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 04:59PM
Ok I tried with an external mosfet module this evening.
That piece of shit of a board remains stubborn and all I got is a 170°C hotend.
Everything is wired properly and the mosfet board seems to work.
The only thing is that is looks like that the lerdge X keeps on working with its own weak mosfet....I had once again that stupid message.
Maybe it is all about a setting to rely on the external mosfet??? any idea over here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 05:00PM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 05:23PM
I would do a factory reset from the lerdge system and see what there settings do with your temp. My Max temp is 350 and min temp 180.
February 26, 2019 01:23AM
Chaosbc
If you do facebook head over here
[www.facebook.com]
There are nearly 1000 users ready to give a helping hand
February 26, 2019 01:47AM
I will try the reset setting trick this evening...I don't have much hope but we'll see....
Alsi I asked to join the fb group
May 05, 2019 11:32AM
to be deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 05:28PM by chaosbc.
May 11, 2019 05:16AM
Hi
I finally found out the reason why I had this stupid warning message:
The heating block was touching the body (heatsink) of the hotend. As a result it was cooled and the power sent by the lerdge was not sufficient to heat to temperature.
I discovered that when I got a similar message with the mks gen1.4 board. I first suspected the psu but then I disassembled my hotend and added a gap between the heatsink and the heating block (not forgetting a small gap between the heating block and the nozzele) and it works flawlessly since one week.
I still believe cannot that such a tiny thing prevented me from printing anything for monthes.
Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 05:17AM by chaosbc.
August 01, 2019 04:57AM
I'm using the LERDGE K board as well as two S board's on my machines for quite a while now.
The good thing about these boards is: These boards are hardware wise very good designed, great stuff, high quality parts used.
The not so good thing is their firmware development. Each release comes with surprises and to communicate with LERDGE is difficult. Like many Chinese suppliers they do not communicate very well with their customers. For example the latest firmware (as I'm writing) V3.04 for the K-Board does not recognize the second extruder from our dual-material printers. To have an acceptable result you need to use v3.01 but be aware this release has also some bugs. Each response from Lerdge gives you the feeling you're the one doing things wrong.
Do not use firmware 3.03 for the K-board.
September 21, 2019 03:19AM
Hi,

I have a lerdge K board and i accidentally updated bad firmware (lerdge X 3.01 firmware). Now can not working.
How can i reset or somerhing and updated good firmware?

Thx,
September 21, 2019 05:26AM
@szilasz1975

use a forced update

download correct firmware Lerdge-K V3.0.5 [www.lerdge.com]

read the included "The Method and Precautions of Updated Software for Lerdge-K.pdf"

Do a forced update from SD card as documented

Method of force update (can only be performed by using TF card)
Download the firmware upgrade package from www.lerdge.com and extract it to a location you can find on your
computer (eg computer desktop).
Open the “Lerdge_K_force” folder in the unzipped folder. Copy the entire folder named "Lerdge_K_system" to the
root directory of the TF card.
Insert the TF card into the corresponding interface of the motherboard, restart the motherboard, and the system can
perform forced update of the firmware.
After step3 finished, please delete the “Lerdge_K_system” folder in the root directory of the TF card to prevent the
firmware from being forced to be written again at the next boot.
Note: The system forced update is to place a file with a specific name under a fixed path. After the system is powered on,
the comparison will be performed. After the condition is met, the update will be performed. So don't modify the name or
content of the "Lerdge_K_system" folder and its sub-folders. And make sure that the "Lerdge_K_system" folder is stored in
the root directory of the TF card.
September 21, 2019 06:50AM
Ok, working, but can not used the second extruder from our dual-material printers (v3.0.5). If I use v1.0.1 firmware, both extruders good working.
September 21, 2019 07:14AM
note at v3 say "12.Modified the naming serial number of two hot heads and two extruders, from the original T1 T2 E1 E2 to the current T0 T1 E0 E1"

so perhaps just using wrong hotend name?

you can find the older firmwares here.. [www.lerdge.com]

v1.0.1 is on page 2
September 21, 2019 12:31PM
How can i use daul X axis function? v1.0.1 firmware have, but locked.
September 21, 2019 01:18PM
See [www.lerdge.com]

"In order to meet the needs of various models, the Lerdge-K motherboard integrates an EX axis to assist other axes. The user can synchronize the EX axis with any other axis to realize the dual motor drive mode of one axis. The user can set the function of the EX axis motor in the 'Advanced Setting' option of 'Model Setting'. The setup menu is shown below. Since the system is a synchronous axis function, not a synchronous motor function, so some models cannot be synchronized in some models."

April 01, 2020 02:46PM
If anybody still experiences the temperature inefficient error.. just change the temperature threshold to 0.2
I just discovered it grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 02:50PM by theoreticalmachinist.
July 22, 2020 12:43PM
Anonymous User
version 2,0 is not official released,,,it is testing version ..some bugs are reported back lerdge and fixing is in progress,,1.1.7 beta6 is last official version,,,

sir i am very sorry to break your attention towards me, I am a new user of lerdge boards but i am not able to get any of its updates, firmware, or any schematics online. Sir please help me out for the same. I just bought a lerdge S boards from amazon but there also no schematics, etc were provided. Just help me out working with lerdge - S Board, I will be very thankful towards you for that......

If you would like to contact me , kindly contact me with my email - pranavkumar.developer@gmail.com
thanks once again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login