Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lerdge board 32 bits

Posted by titeuf007 
Re: lerdge board 32 bits
February 22, 2019 09:20PM
Hi there Lerdge X users...
I had an issue with my 1st lerdge X : an issue with temperature of the hotend that could not be reached.
I tried to upgrade the board and bricked it.
One new board later, I finally had the same issue few month later (still temperature that could not be reached, not enough power bullshit)
Let me tell you one thing : in my opinion the mosfet is very fragile.
So without anything left to loose, I tried to desolder it but I guess I do not have the proper material for that (i have only a soldering station and a desoldering manual pump)
After few tries, I was able to unsolder the legs of the mosfest from board but the rest of the component still sticked on the board.
Without any success expectations, I scratched the old mosfet a bit with a screwdriver then I manually soldered a brand new PSMN7R0-30YL the ghetto way. just above the old one !
Guess what ? It is ugly but it works !!!! my hotend now reach the 210°C I needed !! who knows how long it will last...but it is my last lerdge board for sure !

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 09:26PM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 03:14AM
That damned message is back.
Still The ghetto mosfet soldering trick was usefull for me since before that the board did not even managed to heat the hotend AT ALL...
Actually my hotend is able to reach 210 if the hotend is not cooled but not when the fan is there.
Of course the first thing I did was ensuring that the fan was not cooling the heaterblock.
Things improved a bit when reducing the fan speed using resistors but the message still appeared time to time.
I also tried to change the threshold protection value 0,6 to 0,00 from the autopid tune menu...no major improvement.
Last resort : I will try with an external mosfet module and this is will be the last euros I will invest fixing that crappy board.
If it works all good...otherwise : ---> to waste.
once again NEVER AGAIN I will buy anything from this brand...not even a f*****g jumper.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 03:21AM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 05:11AM
Have you tried 24volt setup? I had the heat issue and went 24 volts and never had any more issue, you need that fan on your hotend to prevent heat Crip and causing filament jamming.
February 25, 2019 07:56AM
Unfortunately I am already with a 24v setup...
the fanless test was a dry run without any filament in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 07:57AM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 04:59PM
Ok I tried with an external mosfet module this evening.
That piece of shit of a board remains stubborn and all I got is a 170°C hotend.
Everything is wired properly and the mosfet board seems to work.
The only thing is that is looks like that the lerdge X keeps on working with its own weak mosfet....I had once again that stupid message.
Maybe it is all about a setting to rely on the external mosfet??? any idea over here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 05:00PM by chaosbc.
February 25, 2019 05:23PM
I would do a factory reset from the lerdge system and see what there settings do with your temp. My Max temp is 350 and min temp 180.
February 26, 2019 01:23AM
Chaosbc
If you do facebook head over here
[www.facebook.com]
There are nearly 1000 users ready to give a helping hand
February 26, 2019 01:47AM
I will try the reset setting trick this evening...I don't have much hope but we'll see....
Alsi I asked to join the fb group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login