Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Single_Arduino_Snap.pde environment

Posted by RoundSparrow 
Arduino Single_Arduino_Snap.pde environment
December 23, 2007 08:43PM
Hi,

I've had good luck compiling the individual test scripts for the Arduino... but the /snap/Single_Arduino_SNAP/Single_Arduino_Snap.pde will not compile for me.

BTW, I'm on 64bit Ubuntu 7.10... but like I said, the Arduino is working fine with the various RepRap board testing scripts, so I don't think that 64bit is a factor.

I've tried both the latest from SVN and the download zip files. I've also copied the library files into my hardware/libraries tree.

===============

I get about 40 lines of errors, here are the first ones:

ThermoplastExtruder_SNAP_v1.cpp:1:41: error: ThermoPlastExtruder_SNAP_v1.h: No such file or directory
ThermoplastExtruder_SNAP_v1.cpp:7: error:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2007 09:16PM by RoundSparrow.
Re: Arduino Single_Arduino_Snap.pde environment
December 24, 2007 11:40AM
Ok, the SVN revision 1210 at least... there was a problem with the include filename having "P" in "Plast" capitalized.

Got past that.
December 24, 2007 12:14PM
SVN revision 1217 still seems to have the problem with the include filename "P" in "plast".

I found out to actually get the libraries to update (compile from source), you have to manually delete all the .o files in the library tree, otherwise the software skips compiling them. Is there a way to "rebuild all" and force it to recompile?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2007 12:25PM by RoundSparrow.
December 27, 2007 12:26PM
hey,

make sure you copy over the files in the arduino/library folder to the library folder in your arduino environment. the libraries are still getting shifted around a bit.

there is more info in the README in the arduino release on where these locations are. i know for a fact that the firmware in the release on sourceforge will compile, and also that the latest suvbversion one will compile (not fully tested yet...)
December 27, 2007 12:31PM
I have installed the arduino software that Zach wrote from his release and if you copy the library files where they belong it will compile without error. There were so warning but these do not cause the software to build or run.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login