Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS TFT32 Not Communicating with MKS RUMBA

Posted by Fiyero88 
MKS TFT32 Not Communicating with MKS RUMBA
April 25, 2018 05:31AM
The MKS TFT32 touchscreen is great, however it doesn't do anything when I press any of the buttons. The display works, I've flashed the newest firmware to the TFT but it Seems to not want to communicate with my MKS RUMBA PLUS board. I've set the baudrate in marlin and on the tft(it's at 250000) is there something I'm missing? I've noticed that PINS. H doesn't have D0 and D1 configured which is AUX1 on my board does that matter? When I plug the board in with the 12V PS it starts up has a blue light on and the screen turns on but no motors or sensors do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm stumped right now
Re: MKS TFT32 Not Communicating with MKS RUMBA
April 25, 2018 06:23AM
D0/D1 is also known as TX0/RX0 ie #define SERIAL_PORT 0 in marlin
As long as you can talk to it via USB at 250000 its should be ok. (usb is connected to usb to serial converter on TX0/RX0. AUX1 just bypasses the usb)

It should be plug into aux1 set the baudrates the same and check SERIAL_PORT is 0 in firmware and your done.

Dont use it with usb plugged in, the two will conflict.
April 25, 2018 08:59AM
I've tried all of that. When I press the buttons on the screen no lights flash on my RUMBA Board stating its talking to it. Only light on the board in this red one in the picture
Attachments:
open | download - 1524660980-picsay.jpg (283.4 KB)
open | download - 1524661027-picsay.jpg (218.5 KB)
April 25, 2018 09:12AM
Is it a question of crossed over TX/RX lines? AFAIK TX goes to RX and vice versa.
April 25, 2018 09:43AM
The TFT wire harness can only go one way it has a key(bump) that only allows it to go one way.
April 25, 2018 04:56PM
Your screen is dead. Contact your supplier
April 25, 2018 06:24PM
I don't think the screen is dead as it Powers on and the touch screen works and I can update the firmware and a blue LED on the back is lit. I dunno I'll just have to figure it out.
April 25, 2018 07:44PM
Checked the serial communicator in arduino and when I press a button in registers in in the live prompt just doesn't actually control anything. Makes me wonder if I have something wired wrong power wise
October 11, 2018 09:08AM
Hello! The same happens to me. In the only way I can see the current temperatures is connecting the USB and starting on the PC repetierhost.
But I only see the temperatures, you can not move or set
December 14, 2018 12:37PM
I have some problem ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login