Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Sbase 1.3. Endstops "allways on"

Posted by swatti 
MKS Sbase 1.3. Endstops "allways on"
May 18, 2018 06:17AM
Tevo Black Widow keeps eating 8bit boards. Upgrading to 32 for more speeeeed.

Everything went fine UNTIL i got to the endstops. They remain in "triggered" -state. Pins are correct, triple-checked. Tried both "^" and "!" in the config, no change. These are metal-detector sensors. They have a small LED in em that says they are triggered. Its on now allways. Wiring double checked, tested different setups, no change.

Config-file seems fine on that behalf.

Firmware is still a bit of mystery tho. Sbase is a Smoothieboard ripoff, story goes the firmware might not be directly compatible even tho it "runs" and the printer does move, heat, etc. Can this be a firmware issue? I'm not certain if this firmware is made directly for Sbase in mind or smoothieboard.

If anyone has a Sbase, metal sensors(3pin) and machine like Tevo BW then PLEASE, let me borrow your Firmware and config-file. I should be able to modify it to my needs.

If you need more details, please ask. I'm still new at this.

EDIT: Type of endstop:
[ae01.alicdn.com]

EDIT2: Something i forgot to specify. I'm migrating from MKS gen1.4 8bit to the MKS 1.3 32bit if it helps anyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 10:23AM by swatti.
Re: MKS Sbase 1.3. Endstops "allways on"
May 18, 2018 11:37AM
How is it wired to the board?

From what little I can find its seems to be a 12-24v device

if they made it work on MKS gen1.4 I would guess they used voltage divider on the signal line. But this would have been set for 5v as thats what the 8 bit board uses

The MKS 1.3 32bit board is 3.3v, if you put 5v to a pin on that it will probably kill the pin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 11:40AM by Dust.
May 18, 2018 11:44AM
The wiring is IDENTICAL on the older 8bit board. There was nothing between the wires, just plugged in like they are now.
EDIT: according to someone whos used these, the voltage merely adds detection range.

I tried 3.3v and 5v. Only difference seems to be a bit more bright LED in the endstop.

Problem is, "what causes them to be stuck detecting" and not the voltage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 11:46AM by swatti.
May 19, 2018 01:12PM
SOLVED:

Tried external power to the limits. They woke up. Then ran the 5v wire into the PSU instead, giving it 25v... And it woke up. (they were rated for like 30v+ so)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login