Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Einsy Rambo 1.1 + Reprapdiscount LCD 2004 issue

Posted by serandre 
Einsy Rambo 1.1 + Reprapdiscount LCD 2004 issue
October 19, 2018 08:41PM
Hi. I have a fully working reprapdiscount lcd controller (tested on a MKS Gen 1.4).

Now I bought a Einsy Rambo 1.1 board and the LCD only works works (without garbage) when the bootloard loads, or when updating the firmware (also the bootloader shows an animation while updating the firmware), but when the firmware itself loads all that shows on LCD is garbage.

I have tested with Prusa MK3 firmware, and also with Marlin alone firmware (Marlin doesn't even work with their bootloader - shows always garbage on lcd).

Someone here knows how to fix this ?
Re: Einsy Rambo 1.1 + Reprapdiscount LCD 2004 issue
October 20, 2018 11:24AM
I downloaded the original COMPILED Prusa MK3 firmware and now the LCD WORKS !!!!

There must be something with arduino that is causing this LCD issue with the source firmware.
October 21, 2018 04:30AM
I'm going through the exact same issue but with the full graphic version. I actually wanted to use my MKS OLED display but the pins header for the Einsy doesn't set the DOGLCD define so I'd need to spend some time working out the pin outs. However the RepRap.org page for the Einsy talks about getting it working with the Full Graphic Smart Controller, it mentions setting some delays, details here.

I tried this however it didn't work for me and I still get garbled text so just hunting through the Prusa version since you mentioned that got it working for you (at least with the character display version. Definitely interested in what experience others have had getting different displays to work on the Einsy.
October 21, 2018 04:40AM
Ok, following the comment at the end of this Github issue I managed to get things running clean:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/4994

I haven't tested how low I can go for the delay yet but the display is clean at 800ns. I'm guessing this isn't the same problem for the text display you have but posting just in case it's related.
October 22, 2018 06:21PM
Hi. I have read this from Ultimachine.com (developer of Einsy Rambo):

[ultimachine.com]

"A preconfigured Marlin Firmware is preloaded onto the board. To re-flash this board, you can simply use the Arduino IDE with Rambo Addons and set board to "Rambo". There is an Arduino plugin folder on github that exposes additional pins in the Arduino IDE."

I think I need to add this plugin to make the Einsy Rambo (or any Rambo) board to work fully.
October 22, 2018 06:26PM
Yes, a lot of the pins don't work it seems unless you switch to the Rambo board type. That's a lot easier now that you can just put the URL they give you into the additional boards setting in the preferences and use the normal board manager.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login