Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend never reaches setted temperature

Posted by masterviana 
Hotend never reaches setted temperature
December 20, 2018 06:36AM
I'll try describe my issue if I set the tempurature with pronterface to 200º the temperature never reaches that value for instance it almost target that tempeurate 196/197ª and then start to drop to 184/85º end then start to raise again to the 196/97º. And remains in this loop forever, I'm not able to start any print because tempurate never stabilize.

I've try to configure the PID (M303 E0 S200 C8) with 8, 12, 15 intervals not help the issue continue.

I've try to change heatblock and termistor not help

Its important to refer this behaviour occur in any tempurate if I fix 150º it never reaches 150º it go to 146/147º and then drops again 10/15º and restart the loop. Same thing if I fix the tempurature to 210º.

Also I've tested this in multiple versions of marlin 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.The version of marlin 1.1.8 have worked in the same print in the past.

I'm have not clue about what can cause this issue, maybe its a board malfunctions (mosfet) or a powersupply malfunction.

Somebody can help me on this?
Re: Hotend never reaches setted temperature
December 20, 2018 07:29AM
By what you are saying the heaters are never reaching there set temperatures. This suggest that the thermister could be set wrong.

Upload Marlin 1.1.9 configuration.h file to a google drive and post a link

Measure your Power supply voltage, at the power supply connectors and on the controller V+ input, while Heating the Hot-end and Hotbed if applies.
If the voltage is different between that on the power supply and that on the 3D Printer controller card you may need larger hookup wire.

Are you using a external mosfet Driver board. If so is it getting Hot.

Note:
Post thermister specs.
Post power supply specs.
Post your measured voltages.
Post make and model of the controller board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2018 07:32AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Hotend never reaches setted temperature
December 20, 2018 11:16AM
Many thanks for your reply, I'll share all the information

Here is the behaviour in video: [bit.ly]
Where my config file : [drive.google.com]
where the link for my termistor : [bit.ly]
Heat cartridge its 50w instead of my previous 40w : [bit.ly]

I',m uusing trigorrila board.

I'll report the voltages once I'm getting home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login