Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen 1.4 + Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD -> What wifi module ?

Posted by ovisopa 
MKS Gen 1.4 + Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD -> What wifi module ?
December 25, 2018 01:31PM
Hello and Happy Christmas to everyone!

I just started building a 3D printer, gathered most of the parts a few years ago but I never had time to actually start building it, now was the perfect time. I started by drawing (the model I liked was Lautr3k 3D printer, with leadscrews instead of belts) it in Fusion 360 than cut the aluminum profiles, mill some aluminum plates and yesterday I started mounting the electronics, today I fixed some issues I had with drivers overheating and motors thicking every few seconds, now I will draw the last parts I need to mill, the X axis gantry plates, but .. before I'm finishing the hardware parts I want to know something regarding the MKS Gen 1.4 board that I have, I know I can connect a wifi module, but I'm not sure which one, will it work with the cheaper ESP8266 or I need to buy the bigger module MKS HLKWIFI ?

My board is MKS GEN 1.4 + Full Graphic Smart controller (12864 LCD), do I need the MKS-TFT32 / MKS-TFT28 touchscreen controller to use also a wifi module? I mostly want wifi to be able to upload the gcode file from my PC, and not having to move around with a SD card everytime.

Any advices are welcome, thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2018 01:33PM by ovisopa.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0117.JPG (490.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_0118.JPG (551.3 KB)
Re: MKS Gen 1.4 + Full Graphic Smart Controller 12864 LCD -> What wifi module ?
December 25, 2018 09:02PM
The mks wifi module plugs into the TFT display.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login