Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BigTreeTech SKR v1.3

Posted by Pippy 
BigTreeTech SKR v1.3
April 05, 2019 04:51AM
A 32-bit ARM board for £15 is quite amazing really, no more messy TMC added wiring. Just goes to show how the rest of the world inflates their prices, plus how little the chinese workers get paid etc.

As much as I dislike what the chinese get up too (some of it out strips your worst nightmares by far), this new board together with the new TMC 5160/5161's I'm sure is going to be the go too combination for a lot out there, don't you think ?

I'm going to find it difficult to understand why the Marlin dev's will keep the 8-bit code going when it's actually cheaper to buy a 32-bit board than it is an 8-bit board.
Although their is still that problem with combining some of the features in Marlin when it comes to the 32-bit LPC MCU's, which I do hope they fix in time to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 04:58AM by Pippy.
Re: BigTreeTech SKR v1.3
April 15, 2019 01:34PM
Marlin 2.0 supports some 32 bit boards, including this one from BigTreeTech.
You can find an adapted copy on BigTreeTech Github:
[github.com]
April 16, 2019 12:23PM
You have me intrigued about this intrigued this controller BigTreeTech SKR v1.3.

How would you setup Arduino 1.9.0 IDE to compile Marlin 2.0 for this controller.
I would like to compile the firmware before buying the controller.

Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer
April 16, 2019 03:41PM
Roberts_Clif
How would you setup Arduino 1.9.0 IDE to compile Marlin 2.0 for this controller.
I would like to compile the firmware before buying the controller.

You can't use the arduino IDE for this, you need to move to PlatformIO and Atom (or VSCode) to start playing with Marlin and this 32-bit board (and other 32-bit boards).

Atom

The arduino IDE was originally written for beginner students to get into programming, wasn't really meant for production use etc.

YouTube video showing how to install PlatformIO and Atom and compiling Marlin v2 32-bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 03:42PM by Pippy.
April 16, 2019 04:20PM
OK!

This is strange because it says on the link you posted

To build Marlin 2.0 you'll need Arduino IDE 1.9 or PlatformIO. We've posted detailed instructions on how to build Marlin 2.0 for ARM.

Sorry called to work got to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 04:24PM by Roberts_Clif.

Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer
April 17, 2019 03:00AM
Roberts_Clif
OK!

This is strange because it says on the link you posted

To build Marlin 2.0 you'll need Arduino IDE 1.9 or PlatformIO. We've posted detailed instructions on how to build Marlin 2.0 for ARM.

Yes I know, though it might depend on what stepper motor drivers you use, I can't remember at the moment (not long woke up), but there was a reason why Arduino IDE couldn't be used for compiliing for this board.

Anyway, once you've got use to PlatformIO and Atom, you don't want to go back to using the Arduino IDE, even though Atom has a couple of weird ways of operating.

YouTube BigTreeTech using PlatfirmIO

Anyway, try using the Arduino IDE, let me know if you get it working for this board.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2019 04:34AM by Pippy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login