Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen L controller with TFT28

Posted by Angry_Swan 
MKS Gen L controller with TFT28
April 24, 2019 01:52AM
Howdy,

Obviously I'm new here, and new to all things 3D printing grinning smiley

I'll be starting on a scratch built 3D printer and while the mechanical aspects are going to be fairly easy, the electronics are beyond me at the moment. While I'm not looking for the best, I am looking for something that can perform the tasks needed in a machine. I would like a touch screen, and I'd like an SD card reader, or even better, and full sized USB port maybe?

Anyway, that's a start, and if this info is already available, please point me that direction.

Thanks grinning smiley

Jimbo-
Re: MKS Gen L controller with TFT28
April 24, 2019 08:29AM
Well Howdy'

If you are looking for a kit I have purchased two Hictops that will get you to where you want to go, 12 volt 3D Printers work though they put a strain on the electrical componerts.

The one I will point you to will print PLA, ABS, Wood, Flexible, Nylon, Hips very well if placed in a home Made temperature chamber container.
I do not control the temperature I merely allow the printers hot Bed to heat the chamber.

I have a HIctop 3DP12 it is a fairly sturdy 3D Printer for a low cost. You can look over the Printer on the link supplied.

After all the modifications have it looks like this today.

This is the Latest 3 hour ABS print to come off the Print bed.

As I am 3D Printing a Mostly Printed CNC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 08:32AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
April 24, 2019 05:35PM
Very nice smiling smiley

I'm actually building my own machine, because I need a little more size due to what I want to be able to print. I also need some serious strength, because I live right near Edwards Air Force Base, and we deal with extreme sonic booms on a regular basis, especially in the warmer months. We can have ten or twelve a day, and on occasion they crack windows, lol.

I'm mainly looking for opinions on a good solid motherboard to run everything, without breaking the bank. I believe it will be a core xy design with a cantilever print bed. (I know the downfalls of the cantilever bed design).
September 21, 2019 06:44AM
Hi, did you make the TFT 28 to work with you MPCNC?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login