Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blowing fuses on two SKR boards. Need some help

Posted by roontoon 
Blowing fuses on two SKR boards. Need some help
October 02, 2019 03:26PM
OK still working on this issue which I had with my first SKR 1.3. Bought another board to make sure I had a working one. Works fine with the jumpers set to USB and the Pi hooked up normally with a USB cable and to a regular Pi power supply. I can connect to the SKR and send Gcode commands and get responses. Powered everything down and changed the jumper to internal, hooked up my PI via a separate power supply and powered it up and as soon as I turn on the power supply that is connected to the SKR the 10A fuse blows. I had a spare fuse and tried it again and blew another one. My power supply that is connected to the SKR is a server power supply that is putting out 12.4 volts and is capable of putting out 52 amps. It is my understanding that the SKR can handle up to 24v as I was worried that the 12.4v that was being supplied by the server power supply. Any ideas or thoughts on this issue. I'm at a loss on where to go now.
Re: Blowing fuses on two SKR boards. Need some help
October 02, 2019 03:46PM
I'm about to wire an SKR 1.3 myself. The original board had 2 power hookups, with the second set listed as heated bed power. Now I have 2 sets of wires coming from the PSU and only one set of termials. I presume the 2 fuses indicate separate power circuits for the bed and everything else, but I'm not sure exactly how I should handle the wiring coming out of the PSU. Can I just remove one set completely, or should I run them in parallel?
Re: Blowing fuses on two SKR boards. Need some help
October 02, 2019 03:59PM
Different question you should start a new thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login