Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 1.3: Setting Junction Deviation in firmware has no effect

Posted by costmo 
SKR 1.3: Setting Junction Deviation in firmware has no effect
November 06, 2019 03:17PM
I just realized that my previous post on this topic is in the Turkish RepRap user group. Woops.

The original post is here:
[reprap.org]
I also posted the question here:
[3dprinting.stackexchange.com]

The long and the short of it is that uncommenting the JUNCTION_DEVIATION_MM setting doesn't appear to do anything. When I power cycle the controller (SKR 1.3), I have to go through the printer's menus (Configuration > Advanced Settings > Jerk > Junction Dev), and the setting is "0.00" When I start prints with this setting, there is a FULL stop and start of the motors on every angle change. That sucks. When I manually set "Junction Dev" in the printer menu, the problem with motor motion goes away until the controller is rebooted and the setting gets reverted.

My Marlin configuration files are on github heer:
[github.com]
and here:
[github.com]

Is it possible that this is a bug in the SKR (or maybe the TFT24)?

Any help or input about things I can try will be appreciated!
Re: SKR 1.3: Setting Junction Deviation in firmware has no effect
November 15, 2019 11:40AM
After you change values, do you save the settings in EEPROM? If not, it will indeed be reset each time. This is not a bug, but a feature winking smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Re: SKR 1.3: Setting Junction Deviation in firmware has no effect
January 14, 2020 03:08PM
Quick update for anyone who stumbles across this.

There was a bug between the SKR V1.3 controller and Marlin that has been resolved. I'm not sure which commit did the trick since I hadn't merged changes from Marlin's bugfix-2.0.x branch into my local copy for a couple of months.

The answer to my post on Stack Exchange gives a more thorough answer:
https://3dprinting.stackexchange.com/questions/11261/setting-junction-deviation-in-firmware-has-no-effect
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login