Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIXED - MKS Sbase 1.3 part cooling fans

Posted by Mils24 
FIXED - MKS Sbase 1.3 part cooling fans
March 29, 2020 02:58PM
Hello All,

I’ve tried searching the forums and endless googling and I’m still stuck, so I’ve resorted to this for help.

In short - I don’t know how to add software (slicer) controlled part cooling fans on my MKS SBASE 1.3 board running Marlin 2.0.5.2.

I’ve a homemade delta with dual part cooling fans on the end effector. I have my fans connected to P2_06 E1 Heater and also FAN_AUTO_ON set to HEATER_PIN_1 (P2_06) in Config_adv.h in marlin.

The problem is that the fans come on full when hotend is 50°> and can’t be controlled through pronterface or the screen (MKS TFT32)

Surely there is a way to control these fans so that I can leave them off for the first few layers and then bring them on? Or reduce them to 30-40% when printing ABS?

What am I doing wrong??

Edit - title changed to 'FIXED'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 05:18AM by Mils24.
Re: Problem - MKS Sbase 1.3 part cooling fans
March 29, 2020 11:09PM
FAN_AUTO_ON is for the hotend heat break fan not part cooling. Also you must be running a really old marlin, as current version wont even let you try this bad combination.

It does as you say, it turns on > 50c. There is no software control of this fan.

The FAN_PIN is the one that is software controllable. Since you insist on wiring to a non standard place you need to add a #define FAN_PIN P2_06 to you Configuration.h

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2020 11:30PM by Dust.
Re: Problem - MKS Sbase 1.3 part cooling fans
March 30, 2020 05:17AM
Cheers Dust, you have just made me remember my vital flaw!! Problem now fixed.

What happened - I had originally used FAN_PIN for connecting the part cooling fans but could not get them to work/spin. This is why I then moved to the HEATER_1_PIN in the hope that it would work however they didn't initially. Therefore I swapped my two JST pins around realising that the polarity of the pins must of been wrong. This was correct and as a result the fans spin.

What I failed to do, was to then remember to move the fan connections back to FAN_PIN...... Duh!

Job done now and all working as it should do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login