Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reproducable Z-Movement Problem

Posted by Hoast 
reproducable Z-Movement Problem
April 23, 2020 08:07PM
Hi everyone,

I am running a printer with an SKR 1.1 pro Board and TMC2208 drivers with 2 stepper motors for the z-axis. Since I am using the SKR board I have a reproducable constant problem with the movement on my z-axis. Whenever i calibrate my z-axis manually, so that I got the same distance on both sides between the frame and the x-shafts, it constantly sets off over time so that one side is constantly getting lower than the other side. And its always the side which is connected to the Z0 port. So when i swap the motor connectors, the side where the problem occurs also swaps.

I am running the TMC2208 in UART mode with hybrid threshold. Since i firstly experienced that problem, i raised the current from 800mA to 850mA but that didnt help at all.

Before I switchted to the SKR board, I was running an Anet A8 board. The Anet Board didnt have this problem. The stepper driver cant be the problem, right? Because its just one driver controlling both Z0 and Z1 Ports. Maybe someone can help me find a solution or give me useful tips? i would really appreciate it.

If any further informations are needed, please ask.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login