Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Archim2 board - Analog input for PT100 + amplifier board thermistor

Posted by JohnLovaasen 
Archim2 board - Analog input for PT100 + amplifier board thermistor
May 26, 2020 01:02PM
I have a TAZ Pro printer that I'm upgrading to print higher temperature materials. I have the PT100 + amplifier board from E3D. I've used this setup previously on a TAZ 6 with a RAMBo board where I plugged the signal wire into an extra analog input pin and changed the pin assignments. Now that the TAZ Pro uses an Archim2.2b board, I'm having a problem finding an open analog input pin from the schematics. Do you know if this is possible to use the PT100 + amplifier board from E3D on the Archim2 boards or if there is a different thermistor that I can plug directly into the thermistor inputs? I'm looking to go up to at least 450C. Thanks.
Re: Archim2 board - Analog input for PT100 + amplifier board thermistor
September 15, 2020 09:48PM
JohnLovaasen
I have a TAZ Pro printer that I'm upgrading to print higher temperature materials. I have the PT100 + amplifier board from E3D. I've used this setup previously on a TAZ 6 with a RAMBo board where I plugged the signal wire into an extra analog input pin and changed the pin assignments. Now that the TAZ Pro uses an Archim2.2b board, I'm having a problem finding an open analog input pin from the schematics. Do you know if this is possible to use the PT100 + amplifier board from E3D on the Archim2 boards or if there is a different thermistor that I can plug directly into the thermistor inputs? I'm looking to go up to at least 450C. Thanks.
I’m also curious about this

September 16, 2020 02:53AM
rorypettit
JohnLovaasen
I’m also curious about this

I don't think they figured it out, but the poster made a second topic where some more info can be found here: [reprap.org]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
September 16, 2020 09:59AM
So I ended up switching to the 450C thermistor from Slice Engineering since I was unable to easily connect to any open analog pins. Another note is that you'll need to purchase two thermistors if you're using a dual printhead and both thermistors need to be the same type. Then you can change the firmware to call out the Slice Engineering thermistor. Hope that helps. Regards, John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login