Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controller board with bluetooth advise

Posted by JanJans 
Controller board with bluetooth advise
November 08, 2020 04:29AM
Dear all,

I am looking for a board which includes bluetooth. I have been looking on the internet but haven't found any.

First let me explain my situation.

The company I work for decided it is fun to give our customers a give away present. The present consist of 3 steppermotors which should be operated by bluetooth. We will have to build more than 100 of these give away present. Therefore I am looking for a board which is a complete as possible. Soldering is not an option due to the time it takes. Plugging in additional hardware is no problem because it doesn't take much time. As long as we don't have to fiddle around with individual cables. So overall I am looking for a board with the following features which are already present on the board or can plugged in very easily. These are my specifications for the board:
- 3 stepper drivers which are as silent as possible. Humming steppermotors are not allowed
- Atmega 2560 chip or faster
- bluetooth
- Board must be available in large quantities and should be available for some time. Now weird experimental hobby boards.
- There are also some size limitation but for now lets ignore them.

I have been looking at some lists but haven't found any board that would fit these requirements. Do you guys have a good idea?

Kind regards,

Jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 04:30AM by JanJans.
Re: Controller board with bluetooth advise
November 08, 2020 05:10AM
Your screwed. No controller has bluetooth.

Some have hacked on bluetooth module on to a serial port. But only as a serial interface over bluetooth.
November 08, 2020 10:11AM
Dust

Some have hacked on bluetooth module on to a serial port. But only as a serial interface over bluetooth.

What about using a cheap controller like Ramps and then using the leftover money to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B to run OctoPrint/OctoPi. Doesn't that support bluetooth? I don't know.. But it sounds like a nice way around if possible.

Nevermind:
[www.reddit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 10:12AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 08, 2020 02:06PM
Dust

Brilliantly clear responce. Thank you. grinning smiley
Kind of sad though.

One of the things I wanted to try is trying to ad a bluetooth module to a RAMS board. This does not comply with my specification mentioned above because I probably have to fiddle around with individual wires. However, if this is the only solution possible than I have no choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2020 02:07PM by JanJans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login